The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-18-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalebk View Post
I'm a fan of John Pearse PBs. Nice and warm.
Good choice for warming up the tone.

Taylor 424ce SL
Emerald X20 purple weave
Emerald X20 gold weave
Taylor NS34ce
Taylor T5X
Composite Acoustic OX Raw (Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Prestige Eclipse Spruce/Mahogany
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Journey Instruments OF660
Recording King ROA-9 Bakersfield Limited
Mogabi 200
Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 AM

I have a CA OX dated 2009 and I never liked the Elixers on it. I have used John Pearse PBs and Martin strings. Both sound much better on the OX. BTY, I prefer the Elixers on the wooden guitars.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Exactly, I've always used elixirs on wood. This is my first carbon guitar, (2009 ox) and I think the elixirs make it sound a little too bright or tinny. So nobody carries Pearse strings in my area, so I have some coming on line. I'm looking forward to trying them being several people have recommended them. Got a set of DR zebras on it now. They sound better than the elixirs. I'm thinking the Pearse's are the way to go!! Thanks to everyone for all the input, and I'll let you know how it goes. John
Old 08-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Just put a set of John Pearse 600s on my ox. Man, that really warmed it up.i also had a little issue with the strings at the saddle. When they wrap the string around itself to hold the ball to the end of the string, that wrapped part of the string would almost contact the saddle. No Good! The cure was to take the balls off an old set of strings and slide one down to the end of the string creating a spacer to keep the ball end of the string deeper in the bridge and Ta Da, plenty of room!! Seems like the bridge pin holes are very close to the saddle. Anyway, it sounds great now and can't wait to play at church Sunday. This is definitely a keeper and I'm really happy with it!! BTW this means I have to sell my Yamaha APX 900 which happens to be for sale on this forum. Thank you all for the great advice. John

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber