The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-26-2022, 09:04 AM

Those are excellent prices - I've seen them going on Reverb for $1K+, and if you're really serious about this model I'd bite the bullet and grab one now...

Although the 3-PU cats' eye 5622 E-Matic is unfortunately a done deal, Gretsch has made a half-hearted attempt to keep the model alive with the GC/MF-exclusive G2627 Streamliner:

When they first came out a few years ago I had the chance to play one side-by-side with one of the last MIK 5622's, and while they've gotten most of the visual vibe the E-Matic outclasses it in every aspect; sad thing is that they've chosen to base an entire sub-line on this platform - everything from the basic model @ $449 (pictured above) to a gold-trimmed Falcon wannabe for $250 more - when they could have just owned up to their mistake and reinstated the original to the lineup...

As for me, I'm looking to score another red one (the rarest of the three finishes TMK - although I might settle for an exceptionally clean black version) at such time as I get back into gigging regularly - in the meantime, there's two players out there who are going to get a really sweet guitar...
Old 05-26-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
Steve, we got off on cases, but I went back to your links and started doing a little looking on the MF site. I ran across THIS, which is really tugging at my heart strings:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...itar/117961942

and this:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...itar/118018254

That model, which I know you have and love, is one that I really want to own some day. I love everything about it, including the color. But I have determined that I'm not going to buy any more guitars right now and I'm going to focus on becoming a better electric player instead of accumulating more gear.

If these guitars are really in excellent condition as described, and if the included case is a good one, either would be a good deal for someone at that price as I suspect this model will become harder to find. And if they ever bring it back into production, it will be MIC. That's a lot of guitar for the money.

As far as I know, this particular model was only made in Korea, so there's no worry about getting a MIC model. Is that correct?

I had to restrain myself a little to not snipe one of those out from under you, what with the lovely green.

One warning (which shouldn't stop you): I've had two experiences with used guitars not coming with the case listed on the Guitar Center/Musician Friend listing. Some suggest calling the Guitar Center location directly to confirm that there's a case.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 05-26-2022, 11:56 AM

Frank, I'm not going to buy one so don't worry about sniping me if you want one. As I said in my prior post, I really need to focus more on playing and practicing and less on accumulating gear. (Famous last words, I know.)

But I can imagine that the 3-pickup cat's-eye G5622 would provide a very large tonal range that would cover just about any genre in which I would be interested.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
I had to restrain myself a little to not snipe one of those out from under you, what with the lovely green...
You really, really need one of these...
Old 05-27-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
You really, really need one of these...
Naw. Though that green does attract me. My Guild Starfire I is answering my 3 pickup hollowbody needs for me.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 06-03-2022, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
Steve, we got off on cases, but I went back to your links and started doing a little looking on the MF site. I ran across THIS, which is really tugging at my heart strings:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...itar/117961942

and this:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...itar/118018254

That model, which I know you have and love, is one that I really want to own some day. I love everything about it, including the color. But I have determined that I'm not going to buy any more guitars right now and I'm going to focus on becoming a better electric player instead of accumulating more gear.

If these guitars are really in excellent condition as described, and if the included case is a good one, either would be a good deal for someone at that price as I suspect this model will become harder to find. And if they ever bring it back into production, it will be MIC. That's a lot of guitar for the money.

As far as I know, this particular model was only made in Korea, so there's no worry about getting a MIC model. Is that correct?

I bought one of these (used Gretsch G5622T-CB). It was delivered today, and is a MIK Gretsch from 2015. I haven't tuned it up or played it yet, but it appears to be mint or NOS. Can't find a mark on it. It also came with a G6241 case.

I've had issues with GC/MF in the past, but this time they (Guitar Center Mesa) got it right.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMartin View Post
I bought one of these (used Gretsch G5622T-CB). It was delivered today, and is a MIK Gretsch from 2015. I haven't tuned it up or played it yet, but it appears to be mint or NOS. Can't find a mark on it. It also came with a G6241 case.

I've had issues with GC/MF in the past, but this time they (Guitar Center Mesa) got it right.
Congratulations - and, contrary to AGF custom, pics are not mandatory (but always welcome ) as we've already seen them on the GC website...

FYI these guitars are very sensitive to setup - string type/gauge, pickup height/balance (and I'd strongly recommend a Vibramate Spoiler to make string changes easier with the traditional-style Bigsby) - so feel free to post once you've gotten acquainted, and your fellow Gretsch E-Matic owners will be more than glad to help...
Old 06-04-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMartin View Post

Congrats! I'm glad you grabbed one of them. I'm Georgia Green with envy (pun intended).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars