The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-26-2024, 09:00 AM

Default Guild P-240 Memoir Parlor - Overlooked?

I don't hear of the Guild P-240 Memoir Parlor being suggested very often to those folks looking for a parlor. It seems like this checks a lot of the boxes for those looking for a parlor that has less of that boxy and focused tonality of the typical small parlors.

Interesting offering in that rare price range between bottom tier and high end.

Old 04-26-2024, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

I have one I am selling so I hope folks aren’t ignoring them
Old 04-27-2024, 07:50 AM

I like 'em a lot! I came so close to buying a big box store model because it had a perfect amount of bearclaw and I talked myself into needing a "gigging" guitar to keep my expensive harem at home. After 4 visits, trip number 5 found it sold and gone.

They look and sound very similar to my Larrivee OO's and appear nicely put together. I've grown fond of the slothead look and appreciate how light they are. At this price it's a no-brainer for anyone wishing to explore what an OO can give you as far as tonal range. smaller size and ease of play. OO's give me a nice focus on the melody notes I fingerpick without those bass notes overwhelming the melodies.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:06 AM

I had one that loved the sound, the body shape, and the aesthetic. But I couldn't get along with the neck shape. Sadly, I sold it.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cri75! View Post
I had one that loved the sound, the body shape, and the aesthetic. But I couldn't get along with the neck shape. Sadly, I sold it.
How would you describe the neck shape?
Voyage Air VAOM-04
Gold Tone Paul Beard Resonator
2016 Gibson ES-335
2015 Les Paul Tribute P90
2015 Fender Telecaster
Old 04-27-2024, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

I almost bought one but realized I have too many guitars already. But I was looking at it because a couple years ago I had a Recording King ROS-06 that was pretty similar. That’s a great configuration and I’m sure the Guild is a fine guitar. Aren’t too many other options with those specs. Maybe a Blueridge or Eastman but they’re twice the price.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Cooper is light years beyond where he was as a player a few years ago. He is really a good player.

Cool little parlor. I like that a lot. Wish they had gone for full wood back and sides as opposed to laminate for a little more money.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:24 AM

My 240 p is my living room sofa guitar. Great for fingerpicked blues. Of course it's no dred, but has a surprising full tone when strummed with a pick, not in any sense 'boxy'.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion