The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-16-2021, 03:58 PM

Default Seek input new Rainsong vintage wood top

I am seeking feedback about the new Rainsong DR1100N2 Vintage with infused spruce wood top.
I am considering trading in my Composite Accoustics Legacy toward this guitar.
I like the looks of the wood infused top on
this carbon fiber guitar.
I also understand that the addition of wood to the carbon has tamed some of the brightness that i didnt care for in previous Rainsongs.
Has anyone played one?
Impressions?
Any comparison to Composite Accoustics?
Thanks.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

I've got one and really love it, but I've never played a Composite Acoustics guitar so I can't compare. However, I'd previously owned Rainsong Studio, Hybrid and CH models; and I'd say that the SFT goes a long way toward taming the tone. Depending on where around the Chesapeake you are, it might be possible to arrange a tryout...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 06-16-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:15 PM

My local favorite music shop Baytunes guitars in Edgewater Maryland on the Chesapeake, just started carrying these. I will get a chance this weekend to give one a try!!
Now i see a VWS1000N3 that keeps the dreadnought body depth and scale length but with a smaller body length and lower bout width. Tempting!
Old 06-17-2021, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
My local favorite music shop Baytunes guitars in Edgewater Maryland on the Chesapeake, just started carrying these. I will get a chance this weekend to give one a try!!
Now i see a VWS1000N3 that keeps the dreadnought body depth and scale length but with a smaller body length and lower bout width. Tempting!
Hey there - Bethesda MD resident here - if you are not far from Edgewater, you might want to check out Chuck Levins in Wheaton, MD. Check out an earlier post I wrote about how they have quietly assembled a very impressive array of CF guitars to try, including RainSong, McPherson, and Journey. I was last there in early May and they had a vintage Rainsong dread available, and a number of other RainSongs and McPhersons.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber