The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-12-2020, 05:42 PM
Charter Picker

Default Collings C100 Deluxe

Im the first and only owner of this relatively new Collings C100 model. This is a Sunburst deluxe model with bound fretboard and headstock. It is a Sitka/EIR build. I ordered this with a 1-3/4 nut and have owned it for a little more than a year. It is in fantastic shape with very little play wear. This is a very comfortable guitar to play. Sounds like a large guitar, but fits comfortably into a lap. Lower bout is almost 16 with a depth of 4-3/4. It has a great deep low end with great Collings balance and punch. It plays well with fingers or a flat pick. It is currently listed on consignment with The Music Emporium for $4,200

https://themusicemporium.com/new-arr...-nut-used-2019

Video of C100 with same specs that sold just before I purchased my guitar at TME

Last edited by Haasome; 06-17-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:13 PM

What a pretty finish
Old 06-12-2020, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

I remember when you brought this home Paul. Nice looking guitar and still one of the very few C100s out there with the desirable 1 3/4 nut. Should sell quickly.

GLWS
Old 06-28-2020, 05:52 AM
Charter Picker

This is a terrific sounding guitar that is super comfortable To play. In outstanding condition.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:51 AM

I know you have some great guitars, Paul. So I imagine this one is still superb, even though it didn't find an enduring place in your stable. I keep giving it some thought, along with many other guitars that have caught my attention in recent months (other Collings offerings, some Froggy's, some Santa Cruz, and some guitars from very small shops). I may make the the trip to Music Emporium to give it a try (or have them ship it to me on approval). But I am kind of lost in inertia right now....

Never forget that justice is what love looks like
in public.
CORNEL WEST

Old 07-03-2020, 05:07 AM
Charter Picker

Hi Rich, Yes this one is a great guitar that I will probably think about long after it’s gone. I’m one of those people who loves many guitars and needs to force a limit on how many I have. I commissioned one last Froggy this year when I heard Michael was retiring and that one put me over the top. I’ve got nothing but good to say about the C100. Stay safe.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:58 PM
Quixote

Criminal this isn't sold yet! If I weren't already stretched out too thin with commissions, I'd bring this home to be a twin sister to my Collings SJ Koa burst.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:18 AM
Charter Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by asobi View Post
Criminal this isn't sold yet! If I weren't already stretched out too thin with commissions, I'd bring this home to be a twin sister to my Collings SJ Koa burst.
It’s an unfamiliar model and I don’t think many people have played them, especially during the recent shutdown. They are pretty special. I love you’re SJ!
Old 07-16-2020, 04:04 PM

Got to play one of these yesterday - a great guitar for sure (like all Collings), but this model surprised me in many ways. It was smaller than I pictured, but has a much bigger voice than I imagined. I was anticipating a C10 type sound, with a little more projection, but what I heard was the love child of a Slope Dread and an OM. I want one, but the timing is not right. This is a very good price for a Deluxe with Sunburst finish and 1 3/4" nut. Just the way I would order it. Good Luck with your Sale!

Last edited by Mak2525; 07-17-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:21 AM
Charter Picker

Thank you, and I think your impressions match my experience. I think it’s priced right, and I wouldn’t be heartbroken if I had to keep it. I’ve had some very nice trade offers, but I like this guitar & I’m not interested in replacing it. I’m just trying to get down to 10, my self-imposed limit.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
Charter Picker

Bump it up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars