The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-30-2023, 09:41 AM

Nicely done.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
If yu remove the OG as advised above, you eill need to replavcevit with a new, slightly oversuzed one.
You may still see a "tan line".

NOTE: A "pick guard" is not a guer5ad against pick contact with the top, it is a "scratch-plate" (UK TYerminology) to protect the top from picking hand fingertips/nails.

Anybody who hits the top with a pick, really needs instruction about how to play guitar.
I know tons of players who play with finger picks. They definitely hit the top when using finger picks.

I can relate firsthand what happens when you let your finger picking friend try out your brand new Lowden cedar topped O23c before it gets a clear guard.
Old 02-09-2023, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejko View Post
I removed the pickguard. I may leave it without a pickguard; I like the way it looks. I started with the floss/naphtha recommended above. That worked for the first inch or so till the section got wider. Then I used a hair dryer on low and very slowly peeled the pickguard back until it came off. I used Naptha to remove the residual glue. This took about 15 minutes to get completely off. Thanks again for all the advice!

[IMG][/IMG]
Nice:

Did sound open up?

It did for me, when I removed the PG on my J-185ec. I never looked back.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair