The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-10-2018, 04:49 AM

Smile Blue Encore 300 vocal mic.

I brought this microphone about a year ago. At first when I brought it I thought the signal was a bit too hot. I was getting a lot of feedback. I recently started to use it again and I realised that when plugged in to your amp or mixer only use half the gain then you would normally use.
It sounds great lots of detail and nice bottom end as well as the smooth highs.
In appearance it looks like something out of star trek. Lol. Other then that I'm really enjoying the sound.
I'm glad I mastered how to use this beauty.
Blue do some great studio condenser mics
Dave
Old 05-10-2018, 07:50 PM

I made the mistake of handing one of these off to a singer who'd clearly never used a condenser mic live. She cupped in and it just about blew my speakers--and that was WITH compression.

When I use it, I've found it necessary to roll off the bass a bit. Once I got a few times using this, I too have come to enjoy the sound quality it can produce/reproduce.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification