The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-04-2018, 12:54 AM

Default Asking for help in plugin sequence Guitar to...

Hi all,
I have a older Taylor with built in electronics, I recently purchased a Boss Singer acoustic amp for a stage monitor.

My question is do I plug my guitar straight into the Boss amp and then use the balanced XLR output to run to the sound board... or do I plug into the DI box on stage and then use the second output on the DI to run back into my Boss amp for my monitor.

Thanks, keith
Old 05-04-2018, 03:07 PM

Either way. If you choose to split the signal at the Di, then the soundman won't have to deal with any Eqing or effects you might have set up in your amp.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gullplayer View Post
Either way. If you choose to split the signal at the Di, then the soundman won't have to deal with any Eqing or effects you might have set up in your amp.
Actually, with the Acoustic Singer, you can send the DI signals either post effects/EQ or pre, so there's no need with that amp to use a DI to split the signal.

Louis
Old 05-06-2018, 06:49 AM

Cool. Nice feature!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification