The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-03-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
Sweetwater sells a package deal on this amp with a mic and mic stand included, but there are some good ebay deals on these, so I was wondering what might be a decent mic to buy if I don't get the package deal. I'll need a mic that makes my crappy, out-of-pitch voice sound like Sinatra.
Well if you can hit the notes, I heard the Sennheiser e965 is great

Seriously though, the Heil PR-35 punches far above it's price, it's in the league of the e965 /Neumann 105 / Shure KSM-9, but is priced in the Shure Beta 87a / Sennheiser e945 range!

I have a Sennheiser 800 series condensor the e865 which is pretty good. Clearer and warmer than my Beta 58a for example. The dynamics (835,845,855) in the 800 series don't beat the Shures in my opinion. The 865 and 945 are in a different league though

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNO View Post
I don't think the mic is as important as a good preamp and reverb. Adding one of these made an immense difference to the vocal quality I get with the Loudbox: http://www.amazon.com/Helicon-VoiceT.../dp/B004GTNIHI
Their Mic Mechanic would probably be a better choice for someone with limited vocal ability. The pre that TC build into these pedals is much, much better than what the Fishman has.
YES, I must say the adaptive EQ/compression on my VoiceLive 2 makes my Beta58 sound better than a Beta 87a, and a lot more. You can get this functionality in their single pedals for cheap - check out this pedal for whatever mic you buy - makes a big diference: TC Helicon Voicetone T1
Old 03-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Charter Member

Should I expect to be able to try out mics Before I buy them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification