The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Get off my lawn kid

Default The ever elusive desk space

I use GuitarPro a lot. Because I'm not a musician often I will take a PDF of a tab that I have purchased or just found from dumb luck and put it into GuitarPro so I have the play along feature. I'll slow it down and make my own subtle changes to put my own spin on a tune sometimes.

Many songs that I like are very long by my standards (6+ pages). I have just started taking the tunes I like and making shorter versions of them. GuitarPro (or any tab software for that matter) is perfect for this. The perfect page length of a tune for me is three pages because it will fit on my desk and I will still have room for my mousepad, and the all important cup of coffee.

As I was looking at the settings of one song I just reduced down to 4 pages I discovered a setting in the "StyleSheet" option dialog that allows me to reduce the proportions of the tab when printed. Bingo. I dropped it from a setting of 6 to 5. This took the song down to 3 pages and when printed I can still read it easily (although it is a touch smaller). This stylesheet setting reduced the space between measures as well as the printed font.

I'm one of the unfortunate dummies that have a hard time memorizing full songs until I play them for a few years, .

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 05-20-2018, 07:30 PM

Have you considered a music stand for your sheet music.??
Old 05-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3notes View Post
Have you considered a music stand for your sheet music.??
I need something like a music bar (something I just made up). It would be made of two parallel bars that are curved and sort of wrap around you a bit. You would clip pages to it and maybe fit 5-6 (or more) pages on it. I guess it would have legs like a microphone stand.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion