The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2018, 06:34 PM

@Tuomo

Sir, do you mind doing a recording of the Maui 5 Go for us? I'm really interested!
Old 02-21-2018, 03:55 AM

Little demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYF3jdpgxds&t=29s
Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 AM

Thank you very much for the demo! Looks and sounds good, hope a store near me has it soon! Was it on batteries in the demo?

There's another new video here testing out volumes indoors and outdoors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AND5C1YMohw

Last edited by necrome; 02-21-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:32 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrome View Post
Thank you very much for the demo! Looks and sounds good, hope a store near me has it soon! Was it on batteries in the demo?

There's another new video here testing out volumes indoors and outdoors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AND5C1YMohw
Thank you. I really fast build this demo. I think it will be better when time goes by Yes, battery-powered in the demo.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:41 AM

Very interesting! Can't wait till it becomes available in Canada. Looks like the ideal busking/gigging rig.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 AM

Sad that there's no EQ or on-board reverb though! What does the Line knob do by the way?
Old 02-21-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Sad that there's no EQ or on-board reverb though! What does the Line knob do by the way?
There is Sub- and Hi-boost-knob with which you can adjust sound. I have Boss VE-8 which have built-in reverb and eq and harmonies to vocal and guitar effects also. Line knob adjust line in volume. You can for example connect keyboard to line in.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:51 AM

I just gave the Maui 5 Go a try at the local store and personally don't think it's worth its price. The overall volume and headroom of the system is lacking and the omission of EQ options really hurt the system unless you have a small battery powered mixer. The sound of the system seems thin probably due to the lack of a twitter, and sounds less good than my Laney AH4x4. I was hoping it'd be an upgrade but it isn't
Old 05-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I just gave the Maui 5 Go a try at the local store and personally don't think it's worth its price. The overall volume and headroom of the system is lacking and the omission of EQ options really hurt the system unless you have a small battery powered mixer. The sound of the system seems thin probably due to the lack of a twitter, and sounds less good than my Laney AH4x4. I was hoping it'd be an upgrade but it isn't
Sad to hear that it lacks for you. I use LD Maui 5 Go with Boss VE-8 acoustic guitar/vocal and GT-1 with electric guitar. Backing tracks via bluetooth and everything works well. I was gigging in near pub's terrace (50 people) and think that it works as well as HK Audio Nano 300. Now I have also Bose S1 Pro and connect it to Mauis Line in. I can use them together with battery power. Very practically.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:32 AM

Today I made a sound test with Maui 5 Go and Bose S1 Pro. I noticed that with Boss VE-8 and Martin Junior the guitar and vocal worked better with Maui 5 Go. The sound was much fuller. I decided to return Bose back. It did not bring me any added value. Both run on battery and are easy take to gig.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:37 AM

Default Maui 5 advice please

Anyone have experience with the Maui 5 using an external mixer with FX and a device to color the acoustic (like an AD-10, etc). In other words, I am torn between getting an all in one with channel effects (like the Fishman SA330x) versus the Maui 5 augmented with an external mixer for effects and an acoustic preamp. Which will sound better? Also, it says the Maui 5 is 800 watts? Is that true? Seems high compared to more expensive “stick” systems that are in the 250-330 watt range.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification