The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-14-2016, 06:56 AM

Default Schertler David Classic's reverb

I recently purchased a new Schertler David Classic amplifier. It sounds great, but I’ve noticed the reverb is very weak. Even maxed out on the individual channels and the Master, the reverb is extremely subtle and hardly noticeable in anything but a perfectly quiet room. Has anyone else had this experience with the David Classic’s reverb?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:20 AM

I have a Schertler Unico and use it's tank reverb frequently on my guitar's channel. All the way up it's maybe not super subtle, but also not drippy. My method is to turn it up until I hear it and then back off slightly.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:18 PM

Is it a spring reverb (not a modern digital reverb)? It might have popped a spring or developed a cold solder. They are usually pretty easy to fix or replace.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-16-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
Is it a spring reverb (not a modern digital reverb)? It might have popped a spring or developed a cold solder. They are usually pretty easy to fix or replace.
Jon -
Yes, it IS a spring reverb in the David Classic. The reverb is very nice sounding, it just isn't very loud. Perhaps I should have the springs checked out...thanks for the suggestion.
Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification