The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-11-2016, 02:34 AM

Default Shadow Stompin Bass Review

I finally pulled the trigger on the shadowstomp foot stomper. I highly recommend it. It really hits the bass notes well and makes a big difference in playing.

I am running it into a PA and won't have power for some of my gigs, so I got the ARTcessories passive splitter mixer. I have guitar, stomper both going into the PA with my mic on its own XLR channel (through a Boss VE20).

I had to turn the PA up quite a bit, then use the mixer, which is simply an attenuator, to control the relative volumes. Once I got the hang of that, it sounded great. Did take some tweaking, the thing is not THAT loud without its own preamp. But neither is my guitar pickup so it evens out.

Using it standing up is an art, I am learning. How to use different parts of the foot to hit it, so you don't fatigue. How to bring it into a song then stop it and start it during the song so it adds a kick the right way. Using it sitting down is more reasonable, but I play standing and make more money busking the markets when I stand.

I really think this thing is the bomb. Great sound, because of the Bubinga wood case and the high quality humbucking pickup in it, it has its own echo resonance, so its not a dry thump.

Try one if you can. Really a very very cool device.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification