The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-20-2019, 01:15 PM

So sorry for your loss. I've lost two fur babies in the last 16 months. Heart wrenching sorrow. They bring so much joy into our lives.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

My condolences. May your long and fond memories give you comfort in this loss. Your dog was clearly well loved!
Old 03-20-2019, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

This is very difficult. No way of avoiding the pain. Is part of the deal. I never rush it, but life goes on and getting the next puppy when I’m ready always helps. Remember the joy. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:35 PM

Sorry for your loss. You can look at a dog an see how sweet it was. Your dog got lucky to find you. God bless.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 03-21-2019, 04:29 AM

It’s 12:25am Hawaii time, I’m having a hard time falling asleep and I need to be at work in 6 hours. Your replies have been a great help, even if I don’t respond to each and every one of you, it doesn’t mean I’m not reading them and taking notice. Thanks a whole lot guys, I have to be strong for my wife because she’s really devastated, so I’m using this as my little grieving place.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:03 AM

I am so sorry for you and your family. It’s always so hard loosing a pet. Time helps, as do pictures of your little friend. Celebrate your friendship.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
She was a great 16 year old puppy that was happy until the very end. Back in August, she was diagnosed with kidney disease, and pancreatitis. But with home treatments and lots of love, she stuck around for 7 extra months. This past weekend she took a turn for the worse, she didn’t want to eat and she couldn’t move. Yesterday we had to make the impossible decision, or let her fight. The vet checked her temperature and she was 97 degrees which is low for a dog. Her body was done fighting and was shutting down.

Being there through the euthanization process was a first for me and extremely saddening. I can only find comfort in knowing I ended her suffering, and she’s in a better place now. Thanks for reading everyone.
She was beautiful and I'm certain that you gave her a wonderful life. Making the decision must have been the hardest thing you've ever done, but ending her suffering is an act of love that she could not have done on her own.

I am so sorry for your loss. <3
1983 Washburn Timber Ridge Custom
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive
2016 Gibson J-45 Standard
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive backup
Tonedexter & Sunnaudio Stage DI
1990 Yamaha FS-310

Past:
1995 Martin D-28
2015 Eastman E10SS
Old 03-21-2019, 11:14 AM

I'm sorry for your lost. I had to put down my little Pom three weeks ago. I'm still heartbroken over it. Everyone says wait a while and get another but there is no chance I'll go through this again.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRon View Post
I'm sorry for your lost. I had to put down my little Pom three weeks ago. I'm still heartbroken over it. Everyone says wait a while and get another but there is no chance I'll go through this again.

Really sorry for your loss. Our other dog is 13, and we are already dreading when her time comes. She’s very healthy, especially for a 13 year old dog, but we are aware that anything can happen soon.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet. She looks like she was a real sweetie.

Best,
Jayne
Old 03-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

I'm very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful dog and obviously an important part of your family. I went through the pet euthanizing process once, and I agree that it's very sad, even though it ends their suffering.

We are going through a similar situation with our 17yo cat. He's the last of three cats that moved with us to CA in 2003, and his personality is unlike any other pet I've owned (very dog-like for a cat!). Ten days ago, the vet wanted to euthanize him, but we declined, so we could bring him home and say goodbye from the family. Since then, he's improved a bit... but we know that his remaining time is limited, and we are appreciating each day that we have left with him.

I wish you much healing and to remember those 10 years of good times with her.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:13 PM

sorry for your loss, i've been down this road and know how you feel
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 03-22-2019, 03:17 PM

Having been through this before with my own pets I know the pain.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Oh, and don't worry about being strong for your wife.
Let her see how much this loss means to you too.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

My condolences.

I was incredibly close and attached to my dog. We were so close. I didn't have the strength to put her down and she withered away from cancer - it was heartbreaking. One of my greatest regrets was not being strong enough and I wish I could have spared her some poor quality of life time and suffering.

So rest assured that putting your beloved pet down can be the best thing you can do for them. I know, from the other side of the coin.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 03-22-2019, 08:39 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. As you can no doubt tell by the responses here, many of us have faced a similar decision. And while there is no short cutting the grieving process - only time can heal the heartache - I have always found comfort in thinking of how blessed I was to have had such a beloved pet in my life and and I thank God for bringing them into my life.

Growing up, when we would lose a dog to age or accident, my mom would grieve for a few months, and then make the trek down to our local pet shelter where she would go from cage to cage looking for the dog with the sweetest eyes. They always made the best family members and looking at Kayla, I'm reminded of those sweet eyes.

I will pray that you have peace and pleasant memories as you mourn the loss of your furry friend.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic