The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-08-2018, 08:05 PM

Default Looking for gig bag for Collings Baby

I’m looking for recommendations for a good gig bag for my Collings Baby so I can bring it along in our small camper; the hard case is just too big.

Thank you
M
Old 08-08-2018, 08:48 PM

Are you absolutely sure you want to take that camping???
I would suggest buying a less expensive 00 or 000 to camp with and worry a lot less about.
Sorry, I don't have a travel bag in mind.
scott
Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

This brand called WolfPak makes gig bags that look like they have a good amount of padding...that said I would just stick with the hard case, I don't think you'd save that much room with a gig bag anyway, especially a gig bag that has some protection. Or go with the other suggestion of just buying a cheap guitar to bring along.

Edit: this is the case I was thinking of: https://www.guitarcenter.com/WolfPak...lyfoam-Case.gc
Old 08-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Not really camping, more like glamping!
M
Old 08-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Get the mono parlor size one. It’s as protective as most hard cases, probably more in most cases. Worth the price tag.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Charter Member

+2 on Mono, awesome bags. I don't know the specs on your guitar, but if you want something that takes up less space than Mono, check into a baby taylor gigbag or the Mini GS, I'd say one or the other would fit. you can buy these usually on musciansfriend or thru taylor.

if you want even nicer, contact BlueHeron and get a custom gigbag, these are awesome and fit and function great.

d
Old 08-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Mono makes a parlor size that may fit your guitar (measure first).
I carry 2 Collings everywhere I go. In my rv all over America and to work everyday.
I use Reunion Blues Voyager. Good luck!

Last edited by Song; 08-21-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Hallucinations
Old 08-09-2018, 07:31 PM

Blue Heron makes one specifically for the Baby - I’ve been thinking about picking one up. I’ve heard great things!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:01 PM

I have the Mono 80 for parlor guitars. Got it to carry my Santa Cruz PJ. It is an excellent bag in every way. Won't make judgements on whether people should take seemingly expensive instruments camping or on planes or if these instruments should ever be carried in a gig bag. I also have a Reunion Blues Continental I use to carry my Martin 0018vs and Santa Cruz om. Another great gig bag. Haven't tried them all, but for my purposes, the RB Continental and the Mono 80s are as good as any I have seen. Don't believe there is an RB made for a parlor. I take my guitars in bags in the car mostly to play with friends and at jams. They provide great protection for my needs. Personally I like the design of the RB a little better than the Mono for my purposes but for everyone who prefers the RB, I believe there are an equal number who prefer the Mono.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-10-2018 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Edited details
Old 08-19-2018, 01:17 AM

Thanks again guys!
M
Old 08-21-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettWilliams View Post
Blue Heron makes one specifically for the Baby - I’ve been thinking about picking one up. I’ve heard great things!
You might want to read this, and do a little more research before jumping on a "Blue Heron" bag.

https://www.banjohangout.org/archive/190162
Old 08-21-2018, 09:56 AM

I am very happy with the new gig bag I just purchased from Access. Get the lower bout pads. I ordered two pads. I have yet to try it on my OO which is at the shop currently, but, my Classical fits like a glove.

https://www.accessbagsandcases.com/
Old 08-21-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrj View Post
I am very happy with the new gig bag I just purchased from Access. Get the lower bout pads. I ordered two pads. I have yet to try it on my OO which is at the shop currently, but, my Classical fits like a glove.

https://www.accessbagsandcases.com/
Good choice. They make great stuff...
Old 08-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

I’ve had one from these guys since 2007. Bought it at the Arlington Guitar Show and I’ve used it with some extremely expensive guitars. Other than when I’m flying this is probably my most used case.

http://www.probagg.com/archtop_guitars.html

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 08-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettWilliams View Post
I have a Blue Heron gig bag for my Baby Collings and it takes up a lot less room than the hard case. It’s great for traveling.

Mitch

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion