The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-07-2018, 01:29 PM

Question Buzzing fret on guitar

So, I am currently in the process of trying to sell a guitar and thinking I will probably go the Ebay route since I am not sure of the precise value. Anyway, my question is should I have the frets leveled before I sell it? Its in mint condition except for having a semi-deadened fret on the 14th fret and a buzzing fret on the high E 6th fret. I did the credit test and discovered that the 15th fret is indeed higher than the surrounding frets. So, should i have the frets leveled professional before selling it, or just discount the price (and obviously explain the defect to potential buyers)? Its a Takamine LTD 2004 if that makes any difference.
Seagull S6
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Stratocaster MIM w/ noiseless pickups
Old 06-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechariot1x View Post
So, I am currently in the process of trying to sell a guitar and thinking I will probably go the Ebay route since I am not sure of the precise value. Anyway, my question is should I have the frets leveled before I sell it? Its in mint condition except for having a semi-deadened fret on the 14th fret and a buzzing fret on the high E 6th fret. I did the credit test and discovered that the 15th fret is indeed higher than the surrounding frets. So, should i have the frets leveled professional before selling it, or just discount the price (and obviously explain the defect to potential buyers)? Its a Takamine LTD 2004 if that makes any difference.
I wouldn't consider a fret leveling. Could well be the 15th fret has just popped up a bit and if so a very easy fix.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:31 AM

Imo, you should get it fixed, when people test play a guitar, they either love it or they donít, if it has a high fret which is causing buzzing, I doubt you will get anyone interested in purchasing after it being test played.

Steve
Cole Clark Fat Lady FL3

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Tags
guitar repair, takamine