The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-30-2018, 07:55 AM

Default LIFTING AND WARPED BRIDGET HELP NEEDED

I picked up an old 69 Stella Harmony H943 guitar in a trade. It's all original with the original case and in really great condition for it's age, except it has a bridge problem. The body of the guitar looks OK, but the bridge is lifting in the rear and is warped to where the upper rear corner is lifting up.

The bridge appears to have been glued, but these models also have two screws securing them to the top. What, if anything, can I do to correct this issue.

Also, the strings might actually be the originals. They are very old and of heavy gauge. I have no idea what this model came with, but I'm wondering if this might have contributed to the issue.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2018, 08:02 AM

Can you put up some pictures?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:33 AM

Will take some pictures this evening when I get home.

Thanks,
Old 07-30-2018, 11:56 AM

Remove the bridge.
Heat it with a heat gun or boiling water and clamp it flat until it dries/cools.
Reglue the bridge.
I have seen these where the bridge is not glued, but simply held by the screws. In that case, warping up in the center is common, regardless of the string gauge.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair