The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-12-2018, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I expect ToneDexter changes all that.

I've never bought a guitar with a pickup in it. I have a thing against piezo quack. So, I've gone on a life-long search for the perfect pickup. And there isn't such a thing. I've also cycled through all sorts of pedals; Fishaman Aura, Mama Bear, Zoom A3, Art Tube Preamp, and others. But with the advent of Tonedexter, I think it's probably possible to take the factory installed piezo in a nice guitar and shape the sound to what you hear acoustically.

Now I'm already too far down the road with a closet full of aftermarket pickups in non-amplified guitars to go out and buy a new J45 just to test my theory out. But, if I were in the market for a new guitar, I would be willing to try a factory pickup expecting the ToneDexter could cut out the majority of the objectionable quack. It'd be a fun experiment.

While I love the Tonedexter for guitars that have quackies, it is sensational to have some guitars that you, fancy this, just plug straight in...ha ha.

My previous post with the Matons had a track of my satin black Maton ebg808, but here is the one pictured on the left, Maton SRS808, plugged direct to my mixer then iMac for some bottleneck in open tuning.

And while the forums are full of people saying they are '^%^&^%' guitars (can't type it), mine are superb fingerpickers!

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/lordim-discouraged7b

BluesKing777.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification