The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Brand Of Cables.

I'm interested in seeing what people are using for a brand of cable. XLR, and instrument cables mostly, and why. I personally have had the best life and quality in my planet waves cables, but I would like to try some different brands.

Kurt
www.kurtdenison.com
Old 08-23-2005, 01:52 PM
minister of twang

i've sung the praises of kordex instrument cables for a while. if you do a search on this forum for that brand you'll see some of my fluff.

i've used monster in the past. great cables but i find that the kordex are simply more musical sounding for my instruments. i use various little boxes and found that once i standardized cable brand and lengths (shorter=better) my sound cleaned up a bunch. plus they come in blue! i use planet waves mic cables for live work.

i do continue to use higher-end monster mic cables in my recording chain and i use mogami cables for patches.
l'twangage

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell