The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Default Brand New Video!!

Hey everyone, I just finished a brand new video, I hope that you will watch it and tell me what you think. Thanks!

http://youtu.be/H_WOn_wu4rQ
Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM

Cool tune!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Jon, you might get more views if this is where it should be, in the show and tell section. I'm sure mods will move it.

It's a really good tune. I was waiting for more of a hook or change on the chorus parts. I kept hearing a change that varied sonically from the same chords you seemed to be playing. However the song did change half way through and seemed to help it recover.

This is just my opinion. I'm just looking for more variation perhaps. I think it's a really good tune though.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:59 AM

Hey Knuckle, thanks for the info I am very new to the forum so am not really sure what's what yet. I appreciate your input, I was going for a very stripped down sound for this song, I might go back and add some more layers at some point, as I have heard the same from a few other critiques.

Thanks to you a well Epiman27!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 AM

I liked it, love the words amd the beat.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:40 AM

Well, folks on here seem pretty honest. The internet is the best place to see whether you suck or not, as people aren't afraid to say it on the net. Youtube is the best place for that, LOL.

I receive more good than bad comments, otherwise I'd wrap it up.

You got a good unique sound though man, that I appreciate much more than all the acoustic shredders out there that do nothing for me.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanks mds08! I play a Norman dreadnaught mostly, been playin it for the last 20 years, she's very worn in. I also just have a Harmony h1215 Archtone, it has an incredible sound. I would love to get my hands on a Taylor at some point.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:02 AM

Knuckle, thank again, I always try to keep it original, not tryin to bite someone's style just tryin to make my own. I checked your tracks, nice work on the slide guitar, I love that ****, I've been tryin to hone my slide skills for a while now, it's tricky.

Here's a link to some more of my music: reverbnation.com/jonfro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell