The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-21-2018, 07:17 PM

Default New Pedalboard

After resisting the urge to carry more stuff or complicating my setup,I decided to put together a new board. The goal was to be more plug and play and have all my tools in one place.
I decided on the Temple Audio Duo 17 which is 17 x17 basically and have me the smallest footprint. So now I can plug in my BOSS wireless and run a cable into the BOSE S1 or AER or board.
So I have the RefEye Twin top left into the BOSS VE8 with an FS-5U footswitch to stop the looper. Above that is the Audio 2000 IEM system with the Shure BLX headset wireless stacked on top.
Power all goes into an extension cord with power to the VE8 and bothe wireless. I may replace that with Temples IEC add on but it was pretty pricey. The extension cord is short and goes into a portable AC power block that would be powerful enough to run my board and the AER for at least 4 hours. The line out from the VE8 goes into an add on accessory in/out port.
So far so good.
Here are some pics...
IMG_1540170844.144831.jpgIMG_1540170878.187477.jpgIMG_1540170907.992534.jpg
[IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-21-2018, 07:23 PM

Sorry for the typos - I was using the mobile app and typing on my phone!
Really easy to take pics with the mobile app - thank you for accommodating those of us who are challenged.
davidc
Old 10-22-2018, 06:20 AM

It looks good. Battery power is very convenient.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:50 PM

Tell us about your power supply.

Louis
Old 10-22-2018, 02:19 PM

The power supply is a GrantMaya AC Power Block, 300 watts, 220 watt hours, Pure Sine Wave Inverter, Mini-Generator, Power charger with 2 110V AC Outlets, 12V DC outlet and several USB outlets. It has a wall wart type charger that for a full charge would probably take 4 hours or so from a dead charge. I inquired and it would power my AER 60/3 for about 4 hours if the 60/3 was drawing a full 60 watts (which it would NEVER be doing in any gig).

It is available on Amazon.

The Power Block easily powers any AC units like my two wireless units and any pedals as well. I just ordered the proprietary IEC cable for Temple Audio Boards that actually screws into the side of the board, and splitters to convert the ends to standard three prong AC inputs for the wall warts on the BOSS VE8 and Audio 2000 and a simple splitter for the Shure BLX receiver.

With the BOSE S1, all of my gear is totally portable and not dependent on sometimes finicky power sources.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcopper View Post
The power supply is a GrantMaya AC Power Block, 300 watts, 220 watt hours, Pure Sine Wave Inverter, Mini-Generator, Power charger with 2 110V AC Outlets, 12V DC outlet and several USB outlets. It has a wall wart type charger that for a full charge would probably take 4 hours or so from a dead charge. I inquired and it would power my AER 60/3 for about 4 hours if the 60/3 was drawing a full 60 watts (which it would NEVER be doing in any gig).

It is available on Amazon.

The Power Block easily powers any AC units like my two wireless units and any pedals as well. I just ordered the proprietary IEC cable for Temple Audio Boards that actually screws into the side of the board, and splitters to convert the ends to standard three prong AC inputs for the wall warts on the BOSS VE8 and Audio 2000 and a simple splitter for the Shure BLX receiver.

With the BOSE S1, all of my gear is totally portable and not dependent on sometimes finicky power sources.
Thanks!

Louis
Old 10-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Charter Member

I'm putting together a couple of acoustic pedalboards right now. The larger board is a Pedaltrain Classic Jr. It has a Radial PZ PRE, Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal, and a Boss RV6 reverb. I'm planning to add a tuner, most likely a Polytune3, and looking for a power supply.

The smaller board is a Pedaltrain Mini. It will hold an LR Baggs Para DI, Radial J48, and Boss FS5L/FS5U footswitches.

When it comes to effects pedals, I've got issues.

Last edited by drive-south; 10-22-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 AM

Hey drive-south,
Just curious - what are you using the BOSS FS5 for on the small board?
I have the Pedaltrain Nano and Mini - they are fine boards.
Davidc
Old 10-23-2018, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

I use a pair of Boss FS5L to control my Fishman Artist. One turns effect 2 on/off and the other mutes the output. I also have FS5U that I use with a looper, and an AB2.

I have 4 Pedaltrain boards. A PT2, Metro 24, Classic Jr and Mini.
The PT2 and Metro 24 are set up for electrics. Effects pedals are like a drug...highly addictive.

Last edited by drive-south; 10-23-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:03 PM

I get it!
I have a pedaltrain NANO and what is now the Metro 20. I really like this Temple Audio setup now. It helps to have my IEM/Shure Wireless and VE8 all on one board.
I keep changing the pedaltrain boards with various configurations of pedals- keeps me from buying more guitars!
Davidc
Old 10-23-2018, 02:53 PM

Very cool! Streamlining my rig has made my gigging life so much better. Even my non gigging life! I went from a 30min setup/breakdown to a 10min setup/breakdown. It saved me 40 minutes total per gig!

If you think of how much time you'll save with setup and breakdown, multiplied by how many gigs you play, you'll see what a great move that all was. My setup is 7 minutes if I'm pressed for time, and 10 minutes at a leisurely pace.

Cable snake always connected at the floor board and 4 connections up to the top board. Courtesy receptacles in the upper corners of the board for the top board, sub, monitors, and mains. I only need one wall outlet. It seems like a lot, but it's easy with the cart and it sets up FAST!

I'm about to add a Neunaber Expanse (Wet Reverb + Shimmer) on the far left.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tvLLX9g

https://imgur.com/gallery/ObbqF3w

https://imgur.com/gallery/WGR2vRf

Last edited by The Kid!; 10-23-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:04 AM

Thanks for posting, David. That power pack really has me intrigued. I wonder how long it would power a small mixer like a zed 10fx? How did you determine how long it would go with the amp? I’m pretty limited in my knowledge of power usage. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:02 PM

It has 220 watt/hours and if you ran a 60 watt AER 60/3 at 60 watts it would be about 4 hours (220 divided by 60) At least that is how their rep explained it.
that power block would power your mixer for a lot longer than 4 hours from a full charge. A mix we does not draw that much power.
You can look them up and email them. That actual power block was purchased from Amazon.
I am using it to power my board and it also has a USB out to power my iPad as well.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:15 PM

Thanks David,

Yes. I’ve been doing a little more research. As you say it would power the mixer for quite a while, among other things. I was thinking I could put together a board for an acoustic duo and with a power supply like this and have lots of options with super fast setup.

Rob
Old 10-30-2018, 05:23 AM

It also does away with the need for additional extension cords - I keep one in the car just for emergencies.
There is another member who uses his power block to power his mixer and all his effects. No problem with doing that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification