The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 PM

"our love is here to stay" by the gershwins. it's not modern, but it's timeless. and i think one can do a good job with vocal and guitar. peter mulvey has a version on one of his cds. i played and sang it at my parents 50th wedding anniversary.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 PM

I used to use Danny's Song in this setting. People always liked it.

Mike
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 PM

I recently did "Mary me" by Train, "Free" by Zac Brown, and "Flightless Bird" by Iron and Wine instrumentally. They turned out well.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:23 PM

When my wife and I got married, we had one of our Groomsmen play "All You Need is Love" at the end of our ceremony.

Pretty generic, I know.

But we did give every guest a kazoo for the horn parts. There was nothing cooler than walking with my bride and my dog being serenaded by the guy that introduced us and 150 kazoos.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 PM

I once recorded a rock version of the tradional wedding march (or whatever it's called), but that was for a motorcyclist couple and I doubt such is what you want.
How about, 'you are the sunshine of my life'.

Ludwig
Old 09-24-2012, 02:53 PM

I'd like to thank everyone for all the suggestions. The bride and groom were finally able to come up with some good choices. Instead of the U2 song (All I Want is You), they ended up choosing She's Got a Way (Billy Joel) for a processional. For the recessional, they chose It Had to Be You (the Harry Connick Jr version).

It Had to Be You was a challenge for me, since it's a style I don't usually play and I had a heck of a time figuring it out (there weren't any accurate charts available online). I was able to finally put together a decent version.

She's Got a Way was easier to put together. Most of the online tab/chord versions were pretty mediocre, but I was able to come up with a version that captured the essence of the song well.

The wedding was last Friday and went well. Now the happy couple is honeymooning at Oktoberfest and I'm back at work. Hmm...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write