The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM

Default Taylor V Class visible

Hello,
I just bought a used Taylor 814ce V-Class. It's an incredible guitar and i'm very pleased with it but i noticed today that although i cant feel it, i can actually see what i assume is the V bracing on the top when the light catches it at the right angle. I cant really get my camera to pick it up correctly and like i said i cant feel anything if i run my finger across it and in most light i cant see it but there is a definite V shape where the bracing would be if i catch it just right, is this normal or does it potentially mean the guitar has potentially been dropped damaged in some way?
Old 05-20-2019, 02:42 PM

It's called telegraphing, and it's nothing to be alarmed about at all. It does not indicate that it was dropped or damaged in any way.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon/Tinker View Post
It's called telegraphing, and it's nothing to be alarmed about at all. It does not indicate that it was dropped or damaged in any way.
Phew, thanks
Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM

No worries. If you look at enough X-braced guitars (especially those with rather thin tops) you can see the same thing.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon/Tinker View Post
Agree...It doesn’t indicate damage. I’ve got one with it. I’ve seen it on fine, very expensive classicals too. You may notice it “come and go” with changes in humidity.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion