The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-20-2019, 10:30 AM

A 12 fret 00 would be my recommendation, very powerful and suprisingly versatile little guitars that have a different sound from their 14 fret counterparts. As mahogany is your thing I think LA guitars do a 00-18 custom 12 fretter which you should check out.

Furch also do some very nice 00 size 12fret guitars as part of the vintage series but as far as I know you can only get rosewood back and sides and are long scale.

Good luck in your search.

1934 Gibson Kalamazoo KG11

www.reverbnation.com/jamesascott
Old 05-20-2019, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

I have a Taylor and a Martin, and a yammie and an alvarez...love having some variety. Now specific to your 512, I had one a few years ago and sold it in search of "the tone". Big mistake. I miss it, and wish I had kept it. I would keep playing them both as they are both great guitars, and if after a while you still have the itch, then sell one or both. Sometimes time has a way of making us realize the guitars we have we should keep. Just my thoughts...good luck with your decision.
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha AC1M
Yamaha FSX800C
Old 05-20-2019, 11:19 AM

First of all, all guitar related issues are first world...no need to worry!

Have you considered a 000 or OM? It's a great balance between a 00 and a bigger bodied guitar like a dread. I've only played one 00, a 00-17 and I really liked it and thought that I was playing a 000-17 the entire time until I looked at the tag lol. Great little guitars.

My suggestions are to either look at a 000 and get the best/highest option you can afford after selling both guitars, or keep both of your great guitars and enjoy them. Maybe tune one to DADGAD and explore.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Blue View Post
First of all, all guitar related issues are first world...no need to worry!

Have you considered a 000 or OM? It's a great balance between a 00 and a bigger bodied guitar like a dread. I've only played one 00, a 00-17 and I really liked it and thought that I was playing a 000-17 the entire time until I looked at the tag lol. Great little guitars.

My suggestions are to either look at a 000 and get the best/highest option you can afford after selling both guitars, or keep both of your great guitars and enjoy them. Maybe tune one to DADGAD and explore.

The Taylor 512 is essentially an OM / 000 size so I have that. I’m going to take the majority advice to hang on to what I got for now. Though I could see a 0-15 or a Collings Baby 1 in my future.[emoji4]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion