The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 12-16-2019, 03:01 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Default My new album now available

My new album is now available on most all streaming platforms as well as Amazon and YouTube. This album is self-produced and I played all the instruments and programmed the drums. Thank you for listening and I hope you enjoy:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3X9Ky...THqgG0kUG12xnw

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...YitlqnxUKPSL9U

https://www.amazon.com/This-Side-Tha...6529856&sr=8-1

J.R. Rogers
Old 12-16-2019, 05:06 PM
AGF Administrator

Nice work, JR.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:43 PM
G625 mistral-k

I've always enjoyed the work of Brian Eno and as I listened, I was drawn in just as I was to his work. Really well done!
Old 12-19-2019, 06:24 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thank you, Jeremy! Thank you, BB! I appreciate the reference to Eno. I really like his music- especially his early work and I have most of it on vinyl.

JR
Old 12-20-2019, 06:58 AM

Congrats, man.

Any project is a lot of work, and pouring yourself into little cups.

Most people wouldn't do it if they could...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 12-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Hey J.R. I just listened to all the tracks in one sitting. You have a unique approach to songwriting and production. I’m not overly familiar with Eno’s Work, but I think BB is right. You have a nice, laidback voice...actually, I’m curious if you have any recordings where you really belt it out in an uptempo piece. I’d like to hear you do that. I’ve only dabbled in recording, just enough to know how tough it is, let-alone play all the instruments for your own material. So props for your effort and art, and thanks for sharing. It must feel good to complete a full album project.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:55 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Hey J.R. I just listened to all the tracks in one sitting. You have a unique approach to songwriting and production. I’m not overly familiar with Eno’s Work, but I think BB is right. You have a nice, laidback voice...actually, I’m curious if you have any recordings where you really belt it out in an uptempo piece. I’d like to hear you do that. I’ve only dabbled in recording, just enough to know how tough it is, let-alone play all the instruments for your own material. So props for your effort and art, and thanks for sharing. It must feel good to complete a full album project.
Thank you for listening, Tom! I really appreciate the feedback. Actually, I am a bit of a vocal athlete. I like to sing challenging stuff just for fun when I'm warmed up like early Peter Cetera-era Chicago, Journey, Sammy Hagar, 38 Special, Def Leppard, all the way to Sting and the Police, etc. Lately I have been working on getting that "Man in Motion" St Elmo's fire song right. In my own music however, I don't think I have ever really belted it out as much as I could I guess because I wasn't going for that sound. We will see what I do next though.

JR

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases