The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-30-2019, 05:18 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Years ago, mine was Mood For A Day.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 12-30-2019, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Probably something by the Beatles... chords and strumming but no leads yet - this was over half a century ago. Self-taught, I'd been entertaining the family, Indian Guides and Cub Scout Den with a ukulele since I was 7-8, so the guitar was a logical extension. Very musical family, singing and playing by ear. It just seemed normal to drop the needle on a record and play along 'til I had it.

My first strong feeling of accomplishment on guitar came a few years later ('74-ish) when I felt dancers bouncing the floor in time to the unholy roar of my cover band (playing Skynyrd, Montrose, Kiss, Blue Oyster Cult, Grand Funk, Hendrix, Aerosmith, Who, Alice Copper, Johnny Winter, Iggy, Zep). Never nervous, just super excited and happy in various cover/bar bands over the decades. Haven't been in in a band since probably 2015, but I still feel a distinct buzz whenever a new cover song graduates from woodshed stage to performance-ready (more or less).

Last edited by tinnitus; 01-15-2020 at 06:16 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write