The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-15-2020, 09:12 PM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,112
Default Hudson River Boogie



This is a Woody Mann tune. I call my version the Hudson River Stroll

On my new Farida OT-22W to the Zoom h4n as an interface into my iPad. No computer, no edits or processing.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2020, 05:17 PM
TBman's Avatar
TBman TBman is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 27,255
Default

Nice job Bob! I really like the natural sound you get in your recordings.
__________________
Barry

Flower of Magherally [arr. Jim Tozier]:


Celtic Playlist

Reverbnation

My videos

Avalon L2-320C Gibson J45, Guild D-120, Larrivee OM-05 and Martin D-16GT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2020, 06:46 PM
J-Doug J-Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,820
Default

Awesome Bob! Great touch and tone. I used to play that tune too. Woody's great, eh? I'm back with him at FPR in May.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:37 PM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Nice job Bob! I really like the natural sound you get in your recordings.
Thanks, Barry. It is absolute dumb luck to get that sound. I have no idea what I am doing, but once I stopped fiddling with effects it started to get a lot better And it is literally one click from my ipad to soundcloud, easy peasy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:42 PM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Awesome Bob! Great touch and tone. I used to play that tune too. Woody's great, eh? I'm back with him at FPR in May.
Thanks, Doug, and nice to hear from you. It was you and Barry who turned me on to Woody a couple of years ago now, but at the time most of his stuff was way beyond me. I'm just now starting to feel like I can try to tackle a few of his tunes (at about half Woody speed!). I just picked up his lesson on CAGED and learning the fretboard that uses this tune as a learning tool. I'm also working with Tom Feldmann's materials, as he breaks things down a bit more than Woody does. They are both tops in my book.

Enjoy your time in May, I'd love to get out there some day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-16-2020, 09:15 PM
islandguitar's Avatar
islandguitar islandguitar is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,091
Default

Oh, good sounds coming out of Connecticut!!
Really liked the piece......I don't play much of that style, but totally appreciate the effort and technique needed to bring it into a recording. Really nice work, Bob!!
__________________
1993 Bourgeois JOM
1967 Martin D12-20
2007 Vines Artisan Grand Concert
2014 Doerr Legacy
2013 Bamburg FSC


______________________________
www.soundcloud.com/island-guitar
http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/fredbartlett
" You can't talk your way out of a situation you've behaved yourself into". Tom Lawson, CEO, FM Global
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2020, 01:13 AM
rémy64 rémy64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 824
Default

Very good sound here
bravo Bob
__________________
O Romantique jean-marie Fouilleul
00 jean-marie Fouilleul
OM thomas Féjoz
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2020, 04:14 AM
s11lko s11lko is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 218
Default

I must admit, it does sound like you're sitting next to me in the same room playing for me. Great sound quality, and excellent playing. well done.
__________________
.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N...SLlEsi_kIIi4zg

* GUITARS
Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
Harley Benton GS-Travel-E Mahogany
50yr old EKO Ranger 12 String
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:56 AM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Oh, good sounds coming out of Connecticut!!
Really liked the piece......I don't play much of that style, but totally appreciate the effort and technique needed to bring it into a recording. Really nice work, Bob!!
Thanks Fred! This piece really grabbed me when I first heard it. I'm not sure how to classify it, but I like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rémy64 View Post
Very good sound here
bravo Bob
Thank you, Remy, and bravo to you on your Youtube channel, I never miss an episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by s11lko View Post
I must admit, it does sound like you're sitting next to me in the same room playing for me. Great sound quality, and excellent playing. well done.
Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-18-2020, 10:32 AM
J-Doug J-Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Thanks, Doug, and nice to hear from you. It was you and Barry who turned me on to Woody a couple of years ago now, but at the time most of his stuff was way beyond me. I'm just now starting to feel like I can try to tackle a few of his tunes (at about half Woody speed!). I just picked up his lesson on CAGED and learning the fretboard that uses this tune as a learning tool. I'm also working with Tom Feldmann's materials, as he breaks things down a bit more than Woody does. They are both tops in my book.

Enjoy your time in May, I'd love to get out there some day.
I've got to know Tom over the years too. Good guy and very talented. Come to FPR! You'd fit right in.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-18-2020, 10:48 AM
Glennwillow Glennwillow is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coastal Washington State
Posts: 34,322
Default

Very well done, Bob!

That's a pretty challenging piece! Sounds good on your new guitar! It's great to hear how you are advancing!

- Glenn
__________________
My You Tube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-18-2020, 10:52 AM
Glennwillow Glennwillow is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Coastal Washington State
Posts: 34,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Awesome Bob! Great touch and tone. I used to play that tune too. Woody's great, eh? I'm back with him at FPR in May.
I could not quite figure out what "FPR" was. I finally googled "FPR relating to guitar" and came up with Fur Peace Ranch.

I assume FPR = Fur Peace Ranch?

- Glenn
__________________
My You Tube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:11 AM
J-Doug J-Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I could not quite figure out what "FPR" was. I finally googled "FPR relating to guitar" and came up with Fur Peace Ranch.

I assume FPR = Fur Peace Ranch?

- Glenn
Sorry Glenn. Yea it's Fur Peace Ranch.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2020, 11:16 AM
reeve21 reeve21 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central Connecticut, USA
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
I've got to know Tom over the years too. Good guy and very talented. Come to FPR! You'd fit right in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Very well done, Bob!

That's a pretty challenging piece! Sounds good on your new guitar! It's great to hear how you are advancing!

- Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I could not quite figure out what "FPR" was. I finally googled "FPR relating to guitar" and came up with Fur Peace Ranch.

I assume FPR = Fur Peace Ranch?

- Glenn
Thank you very much Doug and Glenn. Glenn, yes FPR stands for Peace Ranch.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-21-2020, 11:15 AM
started with 1 started with 1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 356
Default

Great work. Sound is fantastic too.
__________________
Started with 1

yamaha fg 150 spruce hog (red) mij
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mij
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 75 spruce agathis (red) mij
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog (solid) mit
breedlove oregon OM SMYe miusa
breedlove atlas revival OM/SMe top burst mik
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe miusa
framus parlor mig
Bowerman custom OM 28 style
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=