The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-21-2019, 11:19 AM

Default Blue Jeans Cable

First, I have no connection to this company, and I only became aware of them due to their response to a Monster patent infringement threat that was posted in another message thread: https://www.audioholics.com/news/blu...s-strikes-back

Second, I have been working with data cabling since the mid 1980s, and in the 1990s I was certified by one of the major data cabling component vendors as both a design consultant and installer, so I do have a bit of experience with cabling.

After reading the above-referenced letter, I went to the Blue Jeans Cable web site. What I didn't find was as important as what I did find. I didn't find any spurious claims about how their cables made anything "sound better." What I did find were claims that their cables met or exceeded the proper industry specs, that their connectors were of good quality attached properly, and so on, with data to back up those claims.

What I also found was a page of articles about cabling issues that dealt with real issues in an intelligent manner: https://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/index.htm

I know nothing about the quality of their cables but based on the straightforward information on their website I will definitely consider their products in the future. I definitely recommend bookmarking their articles page.

One note about meeting specs for cables: In most cases, but not all, close counts. For example, fully meeting Cat5/6 specifications only matters if you are running cabling the maximum distance at the maximum supported data rate. If you're not, cables that are close to spec will work. The same is true for most analog and digital audio cables, so I wouldn't recommend tossing out all your cables and buying new ones unless you have verified cabling issues. On the other hand, you are always better off with properly-made cables that actually meet industry specifications, so it should be a consideration when buying new cables.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 08-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

i have purchased a number of audio cables from them.Excellent quality and value!

Gabe
Old 08-22-2019, 11:30 AM

I've also purchased cables from them in the past. They have always been exactly as represented, and very fairly priced. Bottom line - they work.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:02 PM

I have speaker cables from them. Good quality & reasonably priced.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification