The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-25-2022, 05:32 PM

Hey CC, I read the story last night and I salute you!! It made me realize how much us guitar nuts appreciate our instruments and the love that goes into the process of buying them.

Congratulations and Cheers!!!
Old 05-26-2022, 04:49 AM

Beautiful,Congrats.Nice photos.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Charter Member

Nice score! I've been looking at these on Fuller's website and planning to make a trip to Houston, but haven't yet gotten around to it.

Can anyone compare the neck on these to a D-28 Marquis? I've found that to be just about my ideal neck profile, while I can't play Martin's Performing Artist and MLO necks at all.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedray View Post
Nice score! I've been looking at these on Fuller's website and planning to make a trip to Houston, but haven't yet gotten around to it.

Can anyone compare the neck on these to a D-28 Marquis? I've found that to be just about my ideal neck profile, while I can't play Martin's Performing Artist and MLO necks at all.

The necks on the three of this model I played are about the same shape as the Marquis but not as fat. Very nice neck that I would like to see on many models.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:55 AM

WELL DONE!
Old 06-05-2022, 09:13 PM

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I've been trying to wait to post about this things again, because "honeymoon periods" are such a real thing and there's good reason to take the opinions of a recent guitar buyer with a grain of salt.

That being said, I've never played a new guitar this much in my entire life. It's absolutely perfect. It's my quintessential guitar, both in looks and tone. It's the guitar that I hear in my head when I think about what a guitar sounds like.

It probably won't be my last guitar (let's be real), but it very well could be my last guitar and I'd have no complaints. It is certainly going to be my main guitar.

Something really cool I noticed the other night - there is an error in the back-strip. Whoever made the purfling must have missed a step, because there's a part that goes //\\ instead of /\/\. I really love seeing "the mark of the hand." I'm curious if others have the same thing, since purfling is cut in layers.

It's a bit like finding a rare coin with a misstrike.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

I'm not sure I've ever looked at my back strips that closely, but now, you've got me curious.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:24 PM

Great story, beautiful guitar. I hope to get a 000-28 someday myself.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:32 PM

Congrats. I to have a Authentic 000 as well as a D16 Bluegrass Outstanding guitars.
Gibson SJ200

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion