The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-25-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Runner View Post
Pretty scarce guitar. Looks and sounds good. Too bad there are not more floating around
I've actually seen the odd one for sale up here in Canada. Ditto the Espana's - I've owned another Val Dez, same as this one (V66) but the top was sunken in and I had a guy buy it who thought he could fix it ($25 sale!). The Espana I has I wish I had kept. Muck like a Gibson B-15. I posted about it here, on the forum. Rosewood saddle, but had the dreaded "hump" after the 12th fret. I was going to get it repaired, but moved it to someone who could do it themselves, as we didn't have the funds, as a family. If I could find another in better shape, I'd scoop it up (if the price was right, of course!) Perhaps the Val Dez came here, and the Espana's to the U.S.? I do see the odd Espana for sale in Alberta, maybe once a year.

I'll never sell this Val Dez, though. My son really likes it, so I'll pass it on down to him. At almost 60 years on the planet, it's in fine shape - and the "checking" gives it that much more "mojo"! I'll try and post a photo, but I think Jake Wildwood's sample shows off this guitars best attributes. (Now if I could just find an old Goya G-10!)

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 05-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Very cool old guitar! Congratulations!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion