The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-30-2019, 11:04 AM

Default Emerald X5

Hi, I’m after some advice. I have a Black X5 Artisan. It is in great condition and us one of the last X5s made. It has an offset sound hole, all around weave and an LR Baggs pickup. Any suggestions as to what might be a fair price for it? I’m based in the UK.

Last edited by Kerbie; 04-30-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 04-30-2019, 04:07 PM
Charter Member

Seems to me used guitars are going for about 60% of what you paid for them. Less if it's not real desirable at that moment and more if it's the flavor of the month. Just my observation and worth exactly what you are paying me for it. Zip. Hope that helps a little....
Old 04-30-2019, 04:11 PM

Just saw a center hole X5 go on reverb for $400... didn't sit there too long so it may have been a little underpriced but its actual market data.

Got pictures of it? Sounds pretty cool.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:57 PM

There is a certain prejudice about older models, not being the "latest and greatest". That would suppress prices compared to newer and more desirable versions. I can't help you with price suggestions because I know nothing about the market in the UK or Europe. Maybe emphasize not having to pay VAT for a used guitar / private sale versus a new one?

GLWS (good luck with sale).
Old 05-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Guest 928

I'm not sure if the "older models" are a problem where such guitars are all relatively new to the market.

I don't know how it is there, but here the general rule of thumb is that a used wooden guitar, if in good condition, will bring about half its new price. CF instruments seem to do better than 50% of retail.

My two cents.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezerc View Post
Hi, I’m after some advice. I have a Black X5 Artisan. It is in great condition and us one of the last X5s made. It has an offset sound hole, all around weave and an LR Baggs pickup. Any suggestions as to what might be a fair price for it? I’m based in the UK.
Hi, do you still want to sell the X5 ?
I come from Germany and I'm interested in the guitar. Can you send me some pictures ?
Best Regards
Armin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber