The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

Default Emerald Guitars 6/24 shipping video up!

Lots of beauties here.... really like that Royal ebony one.

https://www.facebook.com/EmeraldGuit...4656782427849/

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-24-2019, 01:41 PM

Hm, cool! Interesting that he called that last one "prototype" rather than just custom. I wonder if they'll start using that neck heel for more than just this guitar...it does match the rest of their models (except Amicus).

That fretboard end is pretty cool. I like the swoopy-ness of it!
Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 PM

They should incorporate the new heelless neck design into the X20 permanently as it makes a huge difference.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
They should incorporate the new heelless neck design into the X20 permanently as it makes a huge difference.
I agree wholeheartedly. This was actually high on my wish list!

I just hope it does not affect the tonal character in any way. There may still be a long prototyping process ahead. The first step I suppose would be building a none customized version so that fair comparisons can be made with the current X20.
Rainsong Smokey SMH
Outdoor Guitalele
Taylor 522e 12-fret ✝
Gitane DG-560 nylon ✝
Alhambra 3C CW
Eastman AR910CE
Recording King RM-991 tricone resonator
Recording King RK-G25 6-string banjo
Thomann Irish Bouzouki M1089
Old 06-25-2019, 05:15 AM
Charter Member

Considering the new X7, the X10, and the X30 all have that heelless neck design (with the default join at the 12th fret) and are all newer designs the X20 that they've been selling for quite a while, I've just assumed there will be a new model X20 sooner or later incorporating this same design. So not surprising to see this and hear it referred to as a prototype. Aside from the slotted headstock, the extended bridge design, and the veneer, I'd expect to see a new X20 model like this at some point. Probably not far off, but that's just me guessing...

Well, it's all me guessing really, but that's what forums like this are for, no?

-Ray
Old 06-25-2019, 06:17 AM
Charter Member

I asked on Facebook about the heel and rib bevel on the prototype X20 - here’s their response:

“Good question David Eastwood! It's a nice feature for sure. Probably not in the near future, however, if Alistair were to create a new mold for the X20, we feel confident that this custom feature would become part of it. So, not in the near future, but we feel it could happen at some point in the distant future. Stay tuned!
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-25-2019, 06:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
I asked on Facebook about the heel and rib bevel on the prototype X20 - here’s their response:

“Good question David Eastwood! It's a nice feature for sure. Probably not in the near future, however, if Alistair were to create a new mold for the X20, we feel confident that this custom feature would become part of it. So, not in the near future, but we feel it could happen at some point in the distant future. Stay tuned!
Can't say it's near future because that wouldn't be good for sales of the current model. I don't know whether "distant future" means 6 months or 2 years, but I'd bet that when it happens, it'll happen pretty quick with very little advance notice. Except that this video is kind of advance notice...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber