The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Default Hello 27,000, again.

While I don't post here nearly as often as I once did, I just noticed that my next post would be number 27,000. On a guitar forum! For the second time! I think I lost 6-8,000 posts in one of our maintenance routines while I was away for a while. To me, what 27,000 means is that the AGF has long been an enjoyable community of friends where I've long found information, inspiration, encouragement, and entertainment.

Thanks to our forum owner, administrator, mod squad and friends past and present for 16 years of fun!

cotten
Old 08-06-2018, 01:45 PM

Boy, you sure talk a lot......congrats!
Old 08-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Perfect congrats, time to become a moderator again I think!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:32 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Perfect congrats, time to become a moderator again I think!
Hear-hear!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:47 AM

While I appreciate that suggestion, we have a great Mod Squad now for whom I have great respect and appreciation. For years, I gave this forum 2-3 hours of my life every day, mostly after 11:00 pm, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed much of it. But we went through some very real growing pains, as you might suspect when membership expands from less than 3,000 to 97,000. It was hard work, and not always pleasant. I'm much happier now, not having to deal with the various issues that our forum leaders take care of every day. My hat's off to them.

I'm glad to be here, but glad I am no longer part of the Housekeeping Staff!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations... always better the second time around! We're glad to have you here any way we can get you.

How long until 30,000?
Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 AM
G625 mistral-k

Congratulations on reaching and passing 27K, however just think of how fast you might get to 30K if you were back moderating.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Was well past 30,000 before. Strangely, it felt practically the same.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
While I appreciate that suggestion, we have a great Mod Squad now for whom I have great respect and appreciation. For years, I gave this forum 2-3 hours of my life every day, mostly after 11:00 pm, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed much of it. But we went through some very real growing pains, as you might suspect when membership expands from less than 3,000 to 97,000. It was hard work, and not always pleasant. I'm much happier now, not having to deal with the various issues that our forum leaders take care of every day. My hat's off to them.

I'm glad to be here, but glad I am no longer part of the Housekeeping Staff!
Smart man, could not help but try!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:19 AM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
While I don't post here nearly as often as I once did, I just noticed that my next post would be number 27,000. On a guitar forum! For the second time! I think I lost 6-8,000 posts in one of our maintenance routines while I was away for a while. To me, what 27,000 means is that the AGF has long been an enjoyable community of friends where I've long found information, inspiration, encouragement, and entertainment.

Thanks to our forum owner, administrator, mod squad and friends past and present for 16 years of fun!

cotten
You may not be thanking me the next time I run the update post count script...
Old 08-07-2018, 09:34 AM

LOL, Jeremy! I am truly glad you are our Administrator! We've had far fewer technical issues since you've been on the job, though for the most part your work is behind the scenes. One thing I enjoy about the AGF is that everyone is respected here, from our incognito guitar superstar to young kids looking for advice on a first guitar purchase. High post counts really mean nothing here, other than maybe how much of a blabber mouth someone is over a long period of time. If it helps the AGF run more smoothly, take my post count down to zero. Just keep letting me sneak back in occasionally to blabber more!
Old 08-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Guitar Gourmet

We're glad you are here, cotten!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 08-07-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
To me, what 27,000 means is that the AGF has long been an enjoyable community of friends where I've long found information, inspiration, encouragement, and entertainment.

cotten
I couldn’t agree more! I look forward to my time on AGF every day.

All the best to you Cotten - nice to have you on the same train.

Rick
Old 08-07-2018, 02:09 PM

I'm very glad that you are here. I have enjoyed your always kind words and your willingness to share your guitar related knowledge.

Thank you.

Greg Rappleye
Old 08-07-2018, 11:51 PM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
LOL, Jeremy! I am truly glad you are our Administrator! We've had far fewer technical issues since you've been on the job, though for the most part your work is behind the scenes. One thing I enjoy about the AGF is that everyone is respected here, from our incognito guitar superstar to young kids looking for advice on a first guitar purchase. High post counts really mean nothing here, other than maybe how much of a blabber mouth someone is over a long period of time. If it helps the AGF run more smoothly, take my post count down to zero. Just keep letting me sneak back in occasionally to blabber more!
The AGF is just fine with you around, high post count and all. Keep posting away my friend.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic