The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-21-2018, 06:39 AM

If I have pants on, I carry a pocket knife. No exceptions.

I don't always carry a wallet, especially dog walking, bicycle rides, short hikes, etc. My key fob always has my emergency ID and 3 toonies just in case, but there's rarely a need or a chance to spend them unless I need a quart of milk on my way home.

Increasingly I use the debit card, not often the credit card, and still use cash a lot. Occasionally a cheque comes in handy, for example, my chiropractor only does cash or cheque (he's pretty old school in some ways, totally modern in others), and I used a cheque to pay for my last guitar (www.houseguitars.com).
Old 08-21-2018, 08:05 AM

Maybe for the affluent, but many in the country are poor or have limited means and many poor people don’t have credit cards or checking accounts. Having worked with the “mission” here in L.A. over the years I see the other side and it will never be cashless. Heck, I still have renters who pay by money orders and there are many easier ways to pay rent. There are also many who don’t trust banks with their money so they will always be cash-and-carry. I grew up learning that “those with” carried cash and I still carry cash on me. However, it’s been a long time since a hundred would cover much. Heck, a nice lunch with a buddy can be an easy $80. I do have a Starbucks card that I keep $100, or so, on so that when I meet up with my daughter I look like I belong in the 21st Century.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:46 AM

I like shopping at flea, farmers, and craft markets where vendors often don't use any means but cash.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

I just bought some veggies at a road side tent stand yesterday and I was able to use my card.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 03-06-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
I just bought some veggies at a road side tent stand yesterday and I was able to use my card.
We have an "honor system" stand a few miles from here. Just leave a few bucks in a coffee can.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic