The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-01-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Shout out to Blue Chip customer service

Hey, all -

I've been playing with my first Blue Chip (TD 50) for a couple of months, and I absolutely love it. I decided to try another thickness, and ordered a TD 45. Played it for a few minutes, and realized that it wasn't for me. Packed it up, shipped it back asking for a TD 60. It came in the mail quickly.

Love the TD 60! Darker, rounder, and warmer than the TD 50. Both great sounding and feeling picks.

As an aside, I have a pack of the Taylor Darktone picks coming in on Monday. I look forward to putting them head-to-head with my BC picks.

Anyway, great customer service. No questions asked. Don't like it? Send it back for an exchange or refund.

BC picks rule, man.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
La Michoacana Classical (my Dad's guitar)
Beat to heck Seagull S6
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Fender CD 60 dread that lives in Greece
Harmonicas in a Farmer rack
Old 06-01-2019, 07:48 PM

I spent a good bit of time at Merlefest talking to the owner - we share a machining background - and trying out different picks on the guitars they had out. Super guy. Bought my first “fancy” pick from him that day. Highly recommended.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:12 PM

Thanks for sharing a great customer service experience! Good form sir!
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 06-02-2019, 05:57 AM

Default Absolutely

I’ve had the same experience with blue chip. They have stellar customer service and they sound great. Highly recommended. Charmed Life picks re excellent too.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:30 AM

I had the same experience trying a different thickness - quick turn around and no problems.
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo
Old 06-02-2019, 07:37 AM
Charter Member

Terrific customer service. I like to engrave the backs of my picks and forgot to do so during my order. I sent Matt an email and he added engraving at the last minute no problem. They also don’t offer TAD45 as a standard option. Again, an email to Matt and TAD45 picks were made & delivered. Great picks, great company.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:39 AM

Great company for sure. The only thing I don't love about my Bluechip is how paranoid I am about loosing them.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:51 AM

I had a blue chip that broke into two pieces while strumming. they immediately sent me a replacement. Excellent picks and excellent customer service!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:27 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jilm View Post
Hey, all -

I've been playing with my first Blue Chip (TD 50) for a couple of months, and I absolutely love it. I decided to try another thickness, and ordered a TD 45. Played it for a few minutes, and realized that it wasn't for me. Packed it up, shipped it back asking for a TD 60. It came in the mail quickly.

Love the TD 60! Darker, rounder, and warmer than the TD 50. Both great sounding and feeling picks.

As an aside, I have a pack of the Taylor Darktone picks coming in on Monday. I look forward to putting them head-to-head with my BC picks.

Anyway, great customer service. No questions asked. Don't like it? Send it back for an exchange or refund.

BC picks rule, man.
Don't know 'em, but have heard nothing but glowing reviews. The kind of company you want to do business with.

scott memmer
Old 06-02-2019, 04:43 PM

Great business model. When you sell expensive picks you need to have people feel comfortable that they can return/exchange it if they don't like 'em (with no playing wear obviously).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion