The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-04-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamincolor View Post
Marcus, I haven't had the pleasure of playing one of Joel's OM models, but I must admit I'm very curious how the larger body compares to the OO. My OO is a bit of a "tweener" with the slightly larger 12-fret body. I'm looking forward to your thoughts/comparisons between the two models.

I'm glad you mentioned the scalloped nut—that was a surprise when I received my guitar. Cool!
I shall definitely let you know my thoughts. Though I believe that Joel would probably tell you the exact same thing as I will haha! You'll still have to try one out yourself also, my top wood is extremely different and there will also be a fan fret and scoop and wedge and many other factors that could be contributing to the difference I hear between both models so take what I say with a grain of salt

Yes the scalloped nut is extremely cool! Has your OO started opening up yet? It doesn't take too long before there is a noticeable difference given that you put in the hours! Haha how are you enjoying it? I'm so excited to receive my OM-R!!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-04-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
I shall definitely let you know my thoughts. Though I believe that Joel would probably tell you the exact same thing as I will haha! You'll still have to try one out yourself also, my top wood is extremely different and there will also be a fan fret and scoop and wedge and many other factors that could be contributing to the difference I hear between both models so take what I say with a grain of salt

Yes the scalloped nut is extremely cool! Has your OO started opening up yet? It doesn't take too long before there is a noticeable difference given that you put in the hours! Haha how are you enjoying it? I'm so excited to receive my OM-R!!!
Marcus, my playing time was (unfortunately) very limited during the first several weeks after receiving my OO-R. However, I've put quite a few hours in over the past week and what I'm hearing is some additional warmth—especially in the lower registers. The trebles are just "heavenly fatness," as they were from day one. It's a great instrument and I'm looking very forward to becoming more familiar with its nuances as time goes by.

I can't wait to read your thoughts about the new OM-R. What an amazing and unique beast that guitar is! Joel's artistry at its finest!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Marcus, my playing time was (unfortunately) very limited during the first several weeks after receiving my OO-R. However, I've put quite a few hours in over the past week and what I'm hearing is some additional warmth—especially in the lower registers. The trebles are just "heavenly fatness," as they were from day one. It's a great instrument and I'm looking very forward to becoming more familiar with its nuances as time goes by.

I can't wait to read your thoughts about the new OM-R. What an amazing and unique beast that guitar is! Joel's artistry at its finest!
Definitely keep us up to date with the transformation of your OO-R The trebles on a Michaud are really unlike any other!! Unrivalled clarity and balance throughout. I can't wait to hear my own thoughts!! I am trying to keep my expectations realistic but it's difficult when it looks that unreal. Joel constantly reminds me that it is still only a guitar and that I shouldn't expect too much or I'll be disappointed haha we shall see in about a week. Or maybe earlier from people's reviews of his instruments

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-04-2015, 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=Marcus Wong;4515571]

I can only dream of taking photos of The Tree as well as you do... I was actually hoping to get the Lucky Tree into the hands of a fellow AGFer and friend who is a phenomenal photographer for a photoshoot, Joshua Isaacs (JJI) who is having an amazing guitar built for himself as well by Sergei. That would probably be the only thing left to make this build even more special than it already is, but currently it does not seem that it would be possible [/QU0TE]

So many possibilities, Josh is about 1/2 hour from me. :-)
Old 06-04-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
What are you suggesting Jay..... -_- Haha! So you're in Memphis! Hope you're excited to meet Joel and Moon Tree

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Charter Member

Default Kind words Marcus,

[QUOTE=BBWW;4519378]
Quote:

I can only dream of taking photos of The Tree as well as you do... I was actually hoping to get the Lucky Tree into the hands of a fellow AGFer and friend who is a phenomenal photographer for a photoshoot, Joshua Isaacs (JJI) who is having an amazing guitar built for himself as well by Sergei. That would probably be the only thing left to make this build even more special than it already is, but currently it does not seem that it would be possible [/QU0TE]

Marcus,
It would be wonderful to get your Lucky Tree in front of my lens and maybe someday I will. Thank you for the appreciation, my friend.

Jay,
See you when you get home. I'll bring the camera and lights, you bring wood and booze?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:10 PM

[QUOTE=JJI;4519390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post

Marcus,
It would be wonderful to get your Lucky Tree in front of my lens and maybe someday I will. Thank you for the appreciation, my friend.

Jay,
See you when you get home. I'll bring the camera and lights, you bring wood and booze?
One day Josh.... One day for sure Anytime buddy, love your work! You should definitely show some of it off sometime

And that sounds like one fine party. Right after Memphis too, I don't know how Jay can take all that excitement

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Charter Member

Default I will,

[QUOTE=Marcus Wong;4519401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJI View Post

One day Josh.... One day for sure Anytime buddy, love your work! You should definitely show some of it off sometime

And that sounds like one fine party. Right after Memphis too, I don't know how Jay can take all that excitement
got some things in the fire...My De Jonge, Mighty Fine Guitars inventory, going to do some things with Bruce Sexauer, and Jay and I have a lot of work ahead of us. Something will find its way here I'm sure
Old 06-09-2015, 01:45 AM

IT'S HAPPENING! Estimate date of arrival is 11th June, Thursday!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 AM

You can almost see that progress bar moving if you stare long enough…

Psych!!

Almost there Marcus, almost there Congratulations my friend.

Jon
Old 06-09-2015, 04:23 AM

Default Memphis Build Thread - Michaud OM-R Lucky Strike/"The Tree"

Congrats Marcus! All the best for a quick and safe trip for your new family member!
Old 06-09-2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
IT'S HAPPENING! Estimate date of arrival is 11th June, Thursday!

These will be a couple of L O N G days for you. Can't wait to read your thoughts after it's been in your hands!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan688 View Post
Congrats Marcus! All the best for a quick and safe trip for your new family member!
Thank you Brendan

Quote:
These will be a couple of L O N G days for you. Can't wait to read your thoughts after it's been in your hands!
Oh boy it really feels like forever! I am constantly refreshing my tracker but nothing has changed D: I am extremely anxious to hear how it sounds. If it is good enough for Michael Chapdelaine....it's too good for me already. If you've never heard him play, do yourself a favour and YouTube him. The tone his fingers create is monstrous.

I hope that your Michaud is serving you well. Would love an update on it!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-09-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBarclay View Post
You can almost see that progress bar moving if you stare long enough…

Psych!!

Almost there Marcus, almost there Congratulations my friend.

Jon
UGH! You got me. At this stage I would fall for anything in hopes for the best. Maybe if I stared at it again....

Thanks Jon! Is today the day you pick yours up??

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-10-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
UGH! You got me. At this stage I would fall for anything in hopes for the best. Maybe if I stared at it again....

Thanks Jon! Is today the day you pick yours up??
Haha sorry Marcus, couldn't resist it! Not long now…

Today is the day, leaving for Brighton in half an hour!

Jon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
fanned fret, joel michaud, lucky strike, manzer wedge, the tree