The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdoug View Post
Nothing mentioned here even comes close to the Bose S1 Pro.
Hi rd

If I'm going to hit a Farmer's Market which doesn't furnish electricity, or the sidewalks or parks near parades, I'm not going to carry a full PA (and I own several PA systems).

I'm going to want simple battery powered. I was laughing the other day and wondering if the goofy little ToneWoodAmp would good for close up busking/playing. Nothing fancy, just my Voyage-Air (which I can out-sing) and a ToneWood amp. No mics, or amps, just music.

I think that might be fun! The charm of busking to me is being right in among people who can walk up to you and listen. It's a close up thing, not a separated by a stage and rig. The ToneWoodAmp would just make it that much more fun and interesting!

If I had to have an 'amp' I'd either opt for the Roland Keyboard battery powered thingy (has an XLR input as well as ¼") or the Roland AC-33 (battery powered with a looper built in). Both are light and easily moved about. They are only good for 10-15 feet, so you still need to work close.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 06-11-2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: stupid html code…
Old 06-11-2019, 09:56 AM

Default LoudBox Mini Charge

I have one, wouldn't trade it for anything.

"If you try to play like someone else, Who will play like you". Quote from Johnny Gimble

The only musician I have to impress today is the musician I was yesterday.

No tubes, No capos, No Problems.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Have you guys checked out the Dublin buskers like teenagers Allie Sherlock and Padraig Cahill on YouTube? I think they sound fantastic! Looks like they’re using the AER Slope 60/4 with a portable battery. Thinking about picking one up and trying it!

You can get a good view of their set up on their “Shallow” duet posted by Dublin City Today. I’d like to know what kind of battery that is.

Last edited by Kalani; 06-11-2019 at 03:29 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification