The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-27-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenewt View Post
I added a couple of videos of me playing the AC320 today in the original post on this thread. They're rough, but they give you something of any idea of the tone of this guitar. I'm so stinking happy with it!
Nice playing! That guitar sounds really good on the recording even with the .12’s. It has a nice balance of growl and shimmer, almost like a combo of really good traits from Martin and Taylor to create its own unique sound. “Sanctuary” sounded really nice on it, of course a lot of that is your playing.

Looks like you got a winner, maybe even a steal for what you paid for it. I really need to find one of these Mahogany Eastman dreads to try. I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Nice playing! That guitar sounds really good on the recording even with the .12’s. It has a nice balance of growl and shimmer, almost like a combo of really good traits from Martin and Taylor to create its own unique sound. “Sanctuary” sounded really nice on it, of course a lot of that is your playing.

Looks like you got a winner, maybe even a steal for what you paid for it. I really need to find one of these Mahogany Eastman dreads to try. I hope you continue to enjoy it!
Thanks so much, Russ! I tend to agree with you on the tone. It’s unique, and I love it. Even now, it’s deepening and filling out compared to just a few days ago. I definitely feel like I got a steal. This guitar is worth far more than I paid for it!
Old 01-27-2019, 05:57 PM

I don't think you can beat that for a deal on an all solid wood hand built spruce hog dread with nitrocellulose lacquer. Incredible even for an Eastman. Congrats!

Old 01-27-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scolaguitar View Post
I don't think you can beat that for a deal on an all solid wood hand built spruce hog dread with nitrocellulose lacquer. Incredible even for an Eastman. Congrats!
I agree! I feel extremely happy and thankful for this one!
Old 06-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Update 6.1.19 soundclip added

A little run through of strumming, picking and fingerstyle on my AC320:

Last edited by Treenewt; 06-01-2019 at 01:27 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion