The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-03-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Smile Cindy says...

I read your initial post to Cindy.

Her response is that you and your shop are obviously at the juncture of multiple universes.
This is how such magic is performed and why your instruments sound so magical.
Unfortunately it also means occasional small items are sucked into different universes and only return when no longer needed.

Makes sense to me!

Meanwhile, " The dog ate my bolt" makes an excellent excuse!

Your guitars are worth waiting for, that is for sure!!!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 09-04-2019, 08:15 AM

I went to the hardware store once to buy some small nuts. I knew the odds of losing them was high, so I got a small paper bag there at the store to put them in. then I carefully rolled the top of the bag to keep them safe. when I got home, I opened the bag, and it was empty! No hole in the bag, no loose top, no nuts!
Old 09-04-2019, 08:58 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippygreen View Post
Do you have a cat or cats?

In my house, it's always one of the cats. I'm convinced she's smuggling them out to her free roaming cat friends, who are storing surreptitiously pilfered stuff in a secret underground bunker for when they decide it's time to take over the world.
Yes. I have a dog and she is high on the suspect list

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar george View Post
I was having a crown put on one of my teeth when the dentist dropped the crown just as he was about to put it on. He and I and the hygienist looked for the cap for a long time. We finally found it stuck to the leg of the chair that was pushed out in the hall when we first started looking.
So which rule does this fall under?

[QUOTE=Stevien;6153760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
"I have not heard anything but my wife claims that there are a lot of unearthly sounds coming from the shop."

And that would be about an hour after dinner, right???
Steve
Phlatulence is always phunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
I had that happen with a pin once - in my music room, which is clean and nearly without furniture. 2 years later, it has not made an appearance. The silver lining is that I am getting better and better on a 5 string guitar.

I saw a pie chart once. It read: work - 8 hours, sleep - 8 hours, meals - 3 hours, looking for something I just had - 5 hours.
I’m wondering how much more I could build were it not for that lost 5 hours.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:00 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
I read your initial post to Cindy.

Her response is that you and your shop are obviously at the juncture of multiple universes.
This is how such magic is performed and why your instruments sound so magical.
Unfortunately it also means occasional small items are sucked into different universes and only return when no longer needed.

Makes sense to me!

Meanwhile, " The dog ate my bolt" makes an excellent excuse!

Your guitars are worth waiting for, that is for sure!!!

Paul
What the heck. I didn’t read that post. It must have gotten lost in the other universe. Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
I went to the hardware store once to buy some small nuts. I knew the odds of losing them was high, so I got a small paper bag there at the store to put them in. then I carefully rolled the top of the bag to keep them safe. when I got home, I opened the bag, and it was empty! No hole in the bag, no loose top, no nuts!
Amazing. So where does stuff go?
Old 09-04-2019, 09:52 AM

You can find the bridge pins in the lint filter of your washing machine along with the single socks!
Old 09-04-2019, 10:53 AM
AGF Sponsor

Brother, when you lose something, it might turn up over here.
For instance, I'm wearing one of your tee shirts today. Don't know how it got here. I'm pretty well convinced you've got some of my wood, so possibly the portal IS a two-way street. I'll keep eyes peeled for bolts and nuts and pins and picks.

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 09-04-2019, 12:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Brother, when you lose something, it might turn up over here.
For instance, I'm wearing one of your tee shirts today. Don't know how it got here. I'm pretty well convinced you've got some of my wood, so possibly the portal IS a two-way street. I'll keep eyes peeled for bolts and nuts and pins and picks.
OK THAT explains it. I was wearing a shirt not that long ago. It’s all right bro I have another shirt somewhere. If you find those bolts stick them in the back of the dryer. I’ll do the same for any of your wood that I find.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:51 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srick View Post
You can find the bridge pins in the lint filter of your washing machine along with the single socks!
Rick I’ve given this some thought and it occurs to me that you actually might be right. Heading to the dryer.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

I recently lost a large Shop-Vac and couldn't find it. I looked and looked for about 3 days before giving up. It really troubled me that I could lose a large shop vac. In my defense, I'm in the middle of maintaining two homes. I am preparing one to sell so I have stuff in the basement of the new house and the garage. I have stuff in my shop at the old house and the storage at the shop and I also have stuff in the garage of the house I will be selling and in the basement so, there were many places to look. I was about to go crazy looking for that thing when I accidentally found it. It was in plain view but I had placed a box on top of it that contained something that would catch my eye every time I looked in that direction so I would overlook the Shop-Vac. When I lifted the box and saw the shop vac I felt absolutely stupid. I also lost a black string ferrule 10 years ago in my shop and it hasn't appeared yet. It's funny every time I sweep and blow the floor I still look for that string ferrule thinking it'll show up.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Charter Member

When you find out where that stuff goes let me know will you. I know some of it's mine.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 09-04-2019, 05:06 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe white View Post
I recently lost a large Shop-Vac and couldn't find it. I looked and looked for about 3 days before giving up. It really troubled me that I could lose a large shop vac. In my defense, I'm in the middle of maintaining two homes. I am preparing one to sell so I have stuff in the basement of the new house and the garage. I have stuff in my shop at the old house and the storage at the shop and I also have stuff in the garage of the house I will be selling and in the basement so, there were many places to look. I was about to go crazy looking for that thing when I accidentally found it. It was in plain view but I had placed a box on top of it that contained something that would catch my eye every time I looked in that direction so I would overlook the Shop-Vac. When I lifted the box and saw the shop vac I felt absolutely stupid. I also lost a black string ferrule 10 years ago in my shop and it hasn't appeared yet. It's funny every time I sweep and blow the floor I still look for that string ferrule thinking it'll show up.
I know just what you mean. It’s hard for me to accept that the pin and the bolt aren’t really there and i’ve Overlooked them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
When you find out where that stuff goes let me know will you. I know some of it's mine.
We could hold an AGF reunion meeting.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:28 PM

https://youtu.be/-_kXIGvB1uU
Old 09-04-2019, 06:02 PM

Don't know why, but it seems I always find these things in the last place I look - what are the chances?

About the same as Lou Gehrig getting Lou Gehrig's disease

Ed Minch
Old 09-04-2019, 07:17 PM

A guy at a shop I worked in in my early teens gave me what proved to be a good piece of advice: when (not if, heh) you drop something, don't move your body, especially your head; follow its path with the eyes, only.

YMMV.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

I can't tell you how reassuring it is that I'm not the only one this happens to John! If I drop something on the shop floor these days, I just assume it's gone gone gone ... and if I happen to find it ... bonus round!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop