The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-20-2018, 10:52 AM

Yeah, if there's anybody with any credibility about that it's Mike Babcock! Seriously.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yeah, if there's anybody with any credibility about that it's Mike Babcock! Seriously.
I probably respect Mike B more than any other coach in the NHL. Hard to believe he's never won a Jack Adams award but he did bring Team Canada a couple gold Olympic medals so my hat is off to him. I think he'll win a Stanley Cup in Toronto and a Jack Adams too.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:57 PM

Predators now 7 and 1. We'll have to see how things go with goalie injured. Back up goalie made it from Atlanta but his gear did not. The Predators now have 2 more points than Toronto even though Toronto has played 1 more game.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tim T View Post
Predators now 7 and 1. We'll have to see how things go with goalie injured. Back up goalie made it from Atlanta but his gear did not. The Predators now have 2 more points than Toronto even though Toronto has played 1 more game.
Toronto has lost their past couple of games, I think only scoring 1 goal. Well, they had a good run this year .

How's PK Subban doing this year?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I probably respect Mike B more than any other coach in the NHL. Hard to believe he's never won a Jack Adams award but he did bring Team Canada a couple gold Olympic medals so my hat is off to him. I think he'll win a Stanley Cup in Toronto and a Jack Adams too.
Perhaps, but I was referring to his history of coaching Sid for Team Canada. He's had eyes on both players as their coach.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 AM

Relevant to the "passing of the torch" theme discussed on here recently we have Crosby vs McDavid tonight in Edmonton as the Pens take on the Oil. Looking forward to the game and the gamesmanship of two elite talents going head to head.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-23-2018, 07:57 PM

After one period the Pens lead the Oil 1-0. Sid with his first goal of the season on the power play. Crosby's and McDavid's lines have been skating against each other for most of the period. They're both flying!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-23-2018, 10:14 PM

In a fashion befitting the best hockey player in the world Sid scores a highlight reel goal for the 6-5 OT winner against the Oil. A thing of beauty it was!

Go

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-24-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
In a fashion befitting the best hockey player in the world Sid scores a highlight reel goal for the 6-5 OT winner against the Oil. A thing of beauty it was!

Go
I saw the OT goal this morning and it's being marked as a candidate for goal of the year.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:29 AM

I saw that goal in real time and slow motion. It's not quite to the degree of Mario splitting two defensemen in a breakaway (a moment which is immortalized in bronze outside PPG Paints Arena) but man oh man does Sid have amazing puck handling skills. His hand eye coordination is phenomenal!

Still, even here in Pittsburgh are debating that because he was without a goal up until the goal before that one this season he may no longer be the "best player in the world."

Why is that even a thing? He's hardly playing like Eli Manning - or his brother Peyton during his final seasons.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
I saw that goal in real time and slow motion. It's not quite to the degree of Mario splitting two defensemen in a breakaway (a moment which is immortalized in bronze outside PPG Paints Arena) but man oh man does Sid have amazing puck handling skills. His hand eye coordination is phenomenal!

Still, even here in Pittsburgh are debating that because he was without a goal up until the goal before that one this season he may no longer be the "best player in the world."

Why is that even a thing? He's hardly playing like Eli Manning - or his brother Peyton during his final seasons.
It's tough to top Lemieux's defensemen bifurcation breakaway, but it is a bit like apples and oranges when discussing Sid's OT goal. Mario's move was all about irresistible bullet train speed/power, while Sid's was more finessed skating/stick-handling in a phone booth. Both incredible!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-25-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:

McDavid needs to win a big game (i.e. playoff series) for him to take the title from Crosby. Playoffs aside, I think McDavid will lead the lead in scoring and he is the best player in the league but the Oilers will have to do something in the playoffs.

I feel very fortunate to have been able to watch Gretzky (my all time favorite player) and Crosby (2nd ever favorite player) to play ... on tv. I did see play Crosby twice in NJ but never Gretzky.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:51 PM

Montreal is in Boston tonight - that's always a great game. The Vancouver fans get to see Sid and his Kids tonight.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:47 PM

What happened to the Penguins last night?

Marchand scores the OT winner for the Bruins last night. He's a big game player.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:40 PM

The Pens are in a serious slump. I’m hoping they pull out of it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic