The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-02-2021, 02:43 PM

Default Gentzler AA pro

Got my amp delivered fine on Sunday morning!!That was fast.
Am playing primarily my J-45 equipped with the James May ultra tonic conversion of my K&K pure mini. I have a tonedexter and have a good wavemap of my gibson, but after messing with the controls, I dont think I need it with the AA!!. My vocals sound very clear and robust and the guitar sound, once dialed in, is very clear and ‘acoustic” sounding. The result is better than I even hoped for. My pastor stopped in and listened to it from the other side of the room. He said I’ll have no trouble filling a room without a PA and as it gets louder it sounds just as sweet. Really looking forward to my outside gig in three weeks.
1965 Gibson J-45 w/K&K/Ultratonic conversion
1940's??? Harmony Patrician archtop
2002 Taylor Big Baby
1985 Kentucky KM850 mando w/lr baggs radius
1959 Gibson A-5 Mando
2004 Fender Strat (Mexican)
Army bugle
Old autoharp
Indian flute
Cowbell
Old 03-03-2021, 05:29 AM
Charter Member

IMO, Genzlers are one of the best kept secrets in the guitar world! They just dont market them aggressively, and the are not the easiest to find. I have an older Shen-jr that I mount on a pole stand, and it sounds as good as anything Ive heard. I can only imagine how good the new AAs must sound! Enjoy!
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 03-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Charter Member

Talking

If you're referring to the Acoustic Array Pro....oh yeah! I've been chiming in on these amps for a few yrs now and I too just got the AA Pro about 8 months ago and Luv it! Sound quality, warmth, strumming or flat pick in, it's an amp and company that I cannot believe more havent discovered these. No disrespect to the Fishman fans, but I truly believe for those that haven't played Genzler 1st, you may wanna try these. I've heard amps considerably more expensive that just didn't have the sound, features although simple, very effective. I hooked it up to a pair of JBL Eon G2s, using the Genzler as monitor and amps post amp effect out...AWESOME sound and easily enough power and perfect 2 channel / 4channel system. The JBL's are like 400 watts, so 2 of these with this in the middle could easily carry a room of 100+. But the amp itself...I think it's the best 2k and under amp out there. Possibly the best acoustic amp I've ever heard or used.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:38 AM

AA Pro is totally a sleeper... part of me wants to keep it that way...love being the only one that has one in my area. I bought it as a practice amp never thinking I'd want to use it live cuz I'm the singer and vocals through a guitar amp (imo) just doesn't cut it. But vocals sound spot on through this amp..so much so that I grabbed the Genzler extension cabinet and that is now my solo/duo rig..when things start again. I have an ABC box and am constantly putting it up against my qsc k12.2, sa330x and S1 pro and even tested the tone against my L1m2 before I sold it..guitar tone is definitely a cut above them all, vocals are tied with the qsc...probably have to give the qsc the nod on vocals..but definitely close. I chase acoustic tone like anyone here and have cycled through many amps...it is really inspiring to hear my guitar (martin/anthem) through the amp and extension cabinet, both on poles.... The 330 (the ultimate solo amp as far as the combination of sound, portability, and flexibility) is going on the market...a decision I labored over..I decided I'd make the extra trip for the pro cab... I want to keep the 330...it's truly the only passable "one tripper" but...the pro is pro... I tested the k12.2 through the pro's DI out...perfect..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification