The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 02-11-2021, 10:31 PM

Default PSA: Concept 2 model D at amazon for $945 with free prime shipping

See my last post in this thread for update.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...3&postcount=13

Oh sure. For an additional $450 bucks (50% surcharge!) you can get one right now off Amazon.

I refuse to get "PS5-ed". One list says 7 to 8 weeks, the other gives no timeline.

Patience... Patience...

Last edited by blue; 03-05-2021 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

My wife and I wanted a good treadmill. I bought a Nordic-Trak. It was due before Christmas. Right before it arrived they updated to say it would ship before February. I cancelled the order. I saw so many complaints online - some people have tried for a year!

We got lucky and Dick's got a batch of new Sole 805's. They were still assembling their display model and we bought one that day.

This pandemic was wrought havoc on some industries (more demand and fewer working hours)

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 02-12-2021, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

I wanted a Schwinn Airdyne last summer when my swim club was closed down and went through the same thing plus I watched Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace around my home and then in the Philadelphia area where I was planning a trip. I finally ordered one from Schwinn with a possible four-month delivery window. After I got back from Philadelphia with no results at that end either, I came home and found one, a little-used higher model than the one I'd ordered, at a very good price right here in Charlottesville. I was even able to negotiate $100 off the asking price, and I picked it up the following morning. It was so little used that the owner misidentified where in their house the Airdyne was located. The electronics didn't work properly, but I quickly found that one of the wires was unplugged. Problem easily solved...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 02-12-2021, 09:56 AM

Keep checking Amazon every day. Back in December I wanted to get a Concept II rower and was also put off by the premium vendors were charging. I checked Amazon everyday for a couple of weeks and bingo! one day they had them for $945 so I bought one. Well worth the money.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:02 AM
Musical minimalist

Just went to their site - interestingly enough during this time they have changed up their models a bit. Model E is now discontinued and renamed Rowerg elevated (and 150 less at 1050) and it appears the old model D is now the Rowerg standard.

When availability is better (and prices come back to earth), I may try to find a new Model E in the lighter color for my studio. My 15 year old Model C is still going strong, but the older clients have a tougher time getting on and off it.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Grimm View Post
Keep checking Amazon every day. Back in December I wanted to get a Concept II rower and was also put off by the premium vendors were charging. I checked Amazon everyday for a couple of weeks and bingo! one day they had them for $945 so I bought one. Well worth the money.
Will do! Tanks and Bass Fishes!
Old 02-12-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Just went to their site - interestingly enough during this time they have changed up their models a bit. Model E is now discontinued and renamed Rowerg elevated (and 150 less at 1050) and it appears the old model D is now the Rowerg standard.

When availability is better (and prices come back to earth), I may try to find a new Model E in the lighter color for my studio. My 15 year old Model C is still going strong, but the older clients have a tougher time getting on and off it.
Yeah. The elevated looks nice! I went with the lowrider as it was $150 less. Just looking at pictures you can see where that $150 goes! The frame is serious!
Old 02-13-2021, 05:03 AM

If you don’t mind used, make sure to browse the classifieds on Row2K.com. You might find one locally.
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom
Old 02-13-2021, 07:53 AM

I'm also on the manufacturer's wait list, just got pushed back to March 5. I'd rather give my money directly to a U.S. manufacturer when I can.
Old 02-13-2021, 06:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post

I used a Model D at the gym for a couple of years until we had the opportunity to buy a used Model E. I had a really hard time with it. It felt like the angle was different. I'm tall (6'4") so I thought the elevated design would suit me better. Not so! We sold that Model E a while back.

But we just took delivery of a new Rowerg Standard and it feels great to be back rowing again! For whatever reason the Model D/Rowerg feels better to me for whatever that is worth.

Matt
Old 02-13-2021, 07:38 PM

Looks like you CAN break a concept 2... Notice in his second try they stacked plates under to support it and 2 dudes had to stand on the front feet! Oh and he had wear a mouthpiece to protect his teeth!!!!

Old 03-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Update:

Don Grimm suggested checking Amazon every day. I haven't. But I did today!

They had it for $945 with free prime shipping. Bought it.

Grab em if you want them. Pretty sure shipping wasn't going to be free on my waiting list one.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:19 PM

What a class operation. The packaging, is so well thought out. Before even setting it up you get a feeling of confidence in the company and product!
Old 03-13-2021, 08:10 PM
Musical minimalist

The Dreissigacker brothers are quite a story. Class all the way and their products last forever.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic