The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
This month's video has blown my mind thinking about a 7 string nylon baritone.
I have to say I found the nylon X30 unexpectedly pleasant to listen to.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-19-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
I have to say I found the nylon X30 unexpectedly pleasant to listen to.
Weird isn't it...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-19-2019, 08:49 PM

I have always preferred the naked carbon weave as well, but then I saw the dyed bird's-eye maple from the May select series... I love how subtle it is, and how you don't even really see it. But then again, sometimes I think maybe it was a waste of money to spend that much on something nobody can see, lol...
Old 06-19-2019, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Todd, you are way more patient than many of us. Today, I pulled into a "10 minute oil change" place. There was one vehicle in front of me. The manager said it would be about 15 minutes. After 45 minutes, we got back in the car, backed out of their service lane, and left. I made eye-contact with the manager as I got back in my car... he made no attempt to come visit with us.

Such is the way of the world these days - promises made, not kept. Work completion stated, date not met. I'm still waiting for the air conditioner service guy who said he would be here "Monday." Last Monday. As in 8 days ago. A call gets you another unkept promise. "Why don't you call another service place?" Thanks for asking. We have used this guy for our annual service for several years. Plus, other places I've called in the past week don't return your call.

The first two Emeralds I bought were in stock (one was a Select Series). Easy wait. The last one arrived about 6 weeks after the expected completion date. For full disclosure, a week or so of that was because we were traveling and had to wait until we got home.

Patience is a virtue... the older I get, the more I find I am less virtuous about some things. I don't care for sake. Or waiting. Tell me how long... then meet that timeframe. Everybody's happy. You are either a very patient man, Todd, or you are howling at the moon where none of us can see you. I wish you peace.
;-) Thx Captain!

In the end, it's just a guitar and I have several, so while I'm a little bit antsy to get my hands on it, at this point I've kind of let it go and made my peace with it so to speak. No need for me to get too worked up about it. I know this was not being done deliberately, so I'll pull through.

As expected, I did hear back from Emerald today, and for some reason Alistair wanted a second setup done on and will QA it Thu or Fri, but I've been told it will ship on Friday. So to your point, I hope they make that target.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-19-2019, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Whaaaa!!?? No love for the deep vintage burst in that color scheme? Lol...apparently Alistair must have liked the way mine came out (which at the time...I thought mine was going to be somewhat unique), because imagine my surprise in seeing 5 very similar looking guitars to mine in the select series email.

Anyway, what I can say based on the pictures is they pretty much nailed the look I wanted.

I was all proud as can be and showed my wife the picture and she said "Why did you get one like that? It looks just like your Les Paul..."....lol wives...I have no idea what shes talking about.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-20-2019, 05:19 AM

Grain doesn't line up like an Emerald...
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-20-2019, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Fine looking Les Paul, Todd. I have a T5 in a cherry burst that I am quite fond of.

Just thinking outloud here... Hope Emerald has enough X30 cases for these new Select Series offerings.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:22 PM

Hope he started ordering extras... you know.. just in case
Old 06-20-2019, 01:43 PM

I was actually talking to Kevin recently (not gonna tell ya why!) and he said the X30 case issue is resolved. There was an issue with Hiscox delivering the cases.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I was actually talking to Kevin recently (not gonna tell ya why!) and he said the X30 case issue is resolved. There was an issue with Hiscox delivering the cases.
Very glad to hear that!

Todd in Chicago
Old 06-20-2019, 03:39 PM

I wonder if they got X30 case logo stenciling issue fixed. Last time I talked to them a few months ago they could get the X30 cases but they didn't have the Emerald logo yet.
Breedlove Blond Jumbo
Yamaha Silent Steel String
Old 06-20-2019, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I was actually talking to Kevin recently (not gonna tell ya why!)
As if we couldn't guess...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 06-20-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy View Post
Last time I talked to them a few months ago they could get the X30 cases but they didn't have the Emerald logo yet.
My X30 purchased last December came with a Hiscox case, but no embossed Emerald logo like the X20 cases. FWIW.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
As if we couldn't guess...
I was asking him questions regarding the strength and durability of Kramsters X30 to post in the other thread
Old 06-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Todd, you are way more patient than many of us. Today, I pulled into a "10 minute oil change" place. There was one vehicle in front of me. The manager said it would be about 15 minutes. After 45 minutes, we got back in the car, backed out of their service lane, and left. I made eye-contact with the manager as I got back in my car... he made no attempt to come visit with us.
SO the "evil eye" didn't work? Way off topic here, but they may have done you a favor by not getting to you. If anyone is going to screw up an oil change....it's them. Lot's of horror stories from those places. Some personally.

I see only the 12 string of the current select series has sold so far....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber