The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
So... um... while we were all harassing acwild...

A stealth poster! Gorgeous guitar!!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:05 PM

It left Ireland a week after acwild's guitar, but it seems the customs guys were distracted by his while mine slipped past to Arizona.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
It left Ireland a week after acwild's guitar, but it seems the customs guys were distracted by his while mine slipped past to Arizona.

How does that beauty sound to you ?

I'm hoping my X7 leaves Ireland by next week.
2018 X30
And four all
laminate wood
acoustic guitars
Old 08-11-2018, 02:39 PM

Lmao! You all are evil!
Beautiful guitar, Jason! I considered that color but couldn’t decide.
My wife tells me that my guitar came in which is a nice surprise. And yes, I am in Germany so there’s still an ocean separating me from my Emerald.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Wow, Jason, congratulations! That is lovely! So looking forward to your impressions on the new X7. Love that soundhole - it has the same rich look as the X20 design. From your photo, I am assuming that is red (may be my new favorite color), but it almost looks burgundy. Very nice!

So, in the words of the philosophers from the movie Grease, "Tell me more! Tell me more!"

Old 08-11-2018, 02:46 PM

I've only had a little while with it, but my initial honeymoon reaction is that it exceeds my expectations!

I've had... 7 carbon fiber guitars before this one I think? It pretty much jumped into first place instantly. It's been a while since I had the first generation x7, but the neck shape seems more comfortable, that 12-fret join with the all-access cutaway is awesome, and the sounds is fuller and louder. For me I think it's the perfect size.

The sound of the youtube videos doesn't do it justice. But just like the x20 the soundhole pumps that tone right at the player and I'm not sure it sounds as good in front? I'll have to have someone play the guitar for me.

Anyway, right now I'm very pleased with my purchase decision.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Wow, Jason, congratulations! That is lovely! So looking forward to your impressions on the new X7. Love that soundhole - it has the same rich look as the X20 design. From your photo, I am assuming that is red (may be my new favorite color), but it almost looks burgundy. Very nice!
It is red. I went back and forth, considering the green, amber (the color of my first x7) or blue.

Like all the colors I think, it seems much darker in person than in the studio photos, which is good. I feel like my picture conveys the actual color better. Here's a studio shot:

Old 08-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Guest 928

Jason;

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar.

I call it "ruby," and I like it. I think it's the best sounding of the Emerald colors.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

That sure ignites some GAS ! Same color as my X20, and it DOES sound better than the other colors. Congrats on a beauty....any other sound impressions to share ? I got to go look at that pic some more.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Congratulations, it is gorgeous!
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber