The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-16-2023, 03:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Sold Gibson LG-2 Western Nathaniel Rateliff - Mint

Greetings. Bought this from Wilcutt new and only been played for about 30 mins. It's THE BEST small body guitar I've ever played (and i've played quite a few) It's got tons of power with the adirondack top and super easy to play. It also has a nice LR Baggs VTC factory installed pickup. I think I'm finally coming to the realization that I'm a dreadnought guy even though I'm getting older and find the smaller ones easier to maneuver These are $3400 + tax
My loss is your gain Save yourself over $500 with tax - sold !
Thanks for taking a peek Kind Regards, Sully

From Gibson:
Nathaniel Rateliff's music, both solo and with the Night Sweats, incorporates a uniquely appealing blend of folk, soul, Americana, and R&B. His new Gibson LG-2 Western is also a blend of Nathaniel's own vintage Gibson LG-2 and Country Western. The smaller-sized mahogany body and Adirondack red spruce top deliver vintage-approved tone. The 24 3/4" scale length bound mahogany neck features split parallelogram inlays, and the headstock is crowned with a mother of pearl Gibson block logo and Crown inlay, a nod to the Country Western, while the nickel Gotoh Keystone tuners and black bridge pins are reflections of Nathaniel's personal guitar. The volume and tone controls of the onboard LR Baggs® VTC electronics are mounted at the bottom of the soundhole, per Nathaniel's preferences; the LR Baggs pickup makes the Nathaniel Rateliff LG-2 Western stage-ready, right out of the included hardshell case.

Specs:
Body Body Shape LG-2 Body Material Mahogany Top Adirondack Red Spruce Back Mahogany Side Mahogany Bracing Traditional Hand Scalloped X-bracing Binding Multi-ply Top, Single-ply Back and Fingerboard Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Neck Material Mahogany Profile Historic V Scale Length24.75" / 628.65mm Fingerboard Material Indian Rosewood Fingerboard Radius 12" Number Of Frets 20 Frets Standard Nut Material Bone Nut Width 1.73" / 43.815mm Inlays Pearloid Parallelogram Joint Compound Dovetail Neck-to-body Joint; Hot Hide Glue Headstock inlay Mother of Pearl Gibson Logo and Crown Hardware Finish Nickel Tuner Plating Nickel Bridge Rectangular, Closed Slot Saddle Material Bone Tuning Machines Gotoh Keystone Pickguard Teardrop TrussRod Adjustable Truss Rod Cover Black Stamped Bridge Pins Black Strap Buttons 2 Electronics Under Saddle Pickup LR Baggs VTC Controls Volume and Tone Controls in Soundhole (bottom) Output Jack 1/4" Endpin Jack Preamp LR Baggs VTC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5267.jpg (50.3 KB, 490 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5269.jpg (48.6 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5268.jpg (47.0 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5270.jpg (47.6 KB, 487 views)

Last edited by timsul1; 02-22-2023 at 09:44 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-17-2023, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Smile

Just got an LG-2 Western and they are the real deal! The Adirondack top gives it a nice punch that makes it perfect for strumming or finger style. There don’t seem to be a ton of these out in the market either so this is a great chance to pick one up. Best to you on the sale.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Yea they are the real deal and $1000 less than the custom historic 😬
Old 02-18-2023, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

I'd love to have one of these. I had an American Eagle LG-2 a few years ago, this one is incredible. Good luck on your sale.
Mic Mechanic 2
Old 02-19-2023, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

Great looking LG-2! These are a great upgrade from the standard both in build and aesthetics.
2024 Gallagher G70
Old 02-21-2023, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

this is really a great guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars