The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 12-08-2022, 03:04 AM
Charter Member

Default Goodall THr000-12s- sold pending payment

Update: This is sold pending payment

This is a Traditional 000-12s from Goodall with the wide neck option (46mm). It has special reserve Honduran Rosewood and an Adirondack top. The condition is excellent, with only one or two small marks. It has been drilled for a pickup, and the hole is plugged with a pickup jack that isn't connected to a pickup. Alternately I could send it with an LR Baggs I-Beam that isn't installed (which it came with, but I removed). This one comes in an older style bight yellow Calton case. The bridge pin spacing is 2 1/4". The action is set at 2.25mm under the low E at the 12th fret with room to be lowered if needed.

After buying and selling over 50 guitars in the past few years, this is the one that stayed with me the longest, as it was almost always the best in my stable, and always the best in my stable for the price. I'm only moving it on now because I have settled on a BRW OM from Bruce Sexauer that fits me absolutely perfectly. To be honest though, this guitar could have easily been my one and only. It's sound is tremendous and it's very versatile. It excels at fingerstyle, but is equally at home strumming and can really do it all.

The guitar is currently located in Switzerland and international shipping is not a problem for me. I will be in Canada and the USA in January and would be happy to bring the guitar along and ship it from within the country to avoid taxes and border crossings. I can also ship from Germany for EU buyers.

email: [email protected]

I'm asking $5200 for the guitar.

Additional photos can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Uk?usp=sharing

Here are the specs for the guitar that I received from Jean Goodall in 2020:

Goodall Guitars Traditional Honduran Rosewood OOO 12 fret slotted guitar, model/serial number: THROOO-12S 4041 completed on 2-21-2005

It's fine features include:

25” scale length, 12 fret slotted headstock guitar 1- 13/16" nut width

Special Reserve Honduran Rosewood back and sides

AAA Adirondack spruce top

Herringbone Rosette & Purflings / Chevron Marquetry Backstrip/ Black Pearl Logo/ Boxwood bridge pins & end pin/ Tor-tis pickguard

Mother of Pearl Notched Square Fretboard Inlays

Waverly Bronze Patina Tuners w/ Ivoroid Knobs

White Maple Body and Headstock Bindings

Ebony:Peghead Veneer, Bridge, Fretboard, Fretboard Binding / Bone nut & saddle/ Mahogany satin finish neck

2020 to build this new guitar suggested retail price= $10,900.00

Goodall THR00012s_130257 (Small).jpg

Goodall THR00012s_125638 (Small).jpg

Goodall THR00012s_125118 (Small).jpg

Goodall THR00012s_125107 (Medium).jpg

Goodall THR00012s_130451 (Small).jpg

Last edited by brianlcox; 12-13-2022 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Brian,

My THR000 from this same era is the only guitar I've had for more than a couple of years and I bought it new 16 years ago. There's only two things I'd change if possible and this guitar has 'em both ... 1 13/16 nut and a slothead. Plus, this Honduran Rosewood makes mine look like it came off the scrap heap!

By my standards, this is the Perfect Guitar

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 12-09-2022, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Brian,

My THR000 from this same era is the only guitar I've had for more than a couple of years and I bought it new 16 years ago. There's only two things I'd change if possible and this guitar has 'em both ... 1 13/16 nut and a slothead. Plus, this Honduran Rosewood makes mine look like it came off the scrap heap!

By my standards, this is the Perfect Guitar
Thanks Mr. Paul - you're right it's pretty close to perfect. For me I would have preferred it with exactly the same sound and aesthetic, but with a 14 fret body joint and a cutaway. Too bad that those changes would change the sound...
Old 12-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

Default Dream guitar..

Friendly bump to the top for a dream guitar & a top seller. Brian knows his guitars incredibly well & a man of integrity in every way. I have my dream Goodall already but this guitar still entices me due to the tonewoods and model type. But I'm downsizing right now & simply looking to add a simple hog model to the small herd. So best of luck in selling this fabulous guitar & I'm certain it will sing!!
Old 12-10-2022, 03:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neildealdylan View Post
Friendly bump to the top for a dream guitar & a top seller. Brian knows his guitars incredibly well & a man of integrity in every way. I have my dream Goodall already but this guitar still entices me due to the tonewoods and model type. But I'm downsizing right now & simply looking to add a simple hog model to the small herd. So best of luck in selling this fabulous guitar & I'm certain it will sing!!
Thanks Neil! It's a great guitar for sure! Best of luck with your sale so that you can get that hog model!

Best,
Brian
Old 02-20-2023, 09:59 AM

Default Is it sold?

?? QUOTE=brianlcox;7141954]Update: This is sold pending payment

This is a Traditional 000-12s from Goodall with the wide neck option (46mm). It has special reserve Honduran Rosewood and an Adirondack top. The condition is excellent, with only one or two small marks. It has been drilled for a pickup, and the hole is plugged with a pickup jack that isn't connected to a pickup. Alternately I could send it with an LR Baggs I-Beam that isn't installed (which it came with, but I removed). This one comes in an older style bight yellow Calton case. The bridge pin spacing is 2 1/4". The action is set at 2.25mm under the low E at the 12th fret with room to be lowered if needed.

After buying and selling over 50 guitars in the past few years, this is the one that stayed with me the longest, as it was almost always the best in my stable, and always the best in my stable for the price. I'm only moving it on now because I have settled on a BRW OM from Bruce Sexauer that fits me absolutely perfectly. To be honest though, this guitar could have easily been my one and only. It's sound is tremendous and it's very versatile. It excels at fingerstyle, but is equally at home strumming and can really do it all.

The guitar is currently located in Switzerland and international shipping is not a problem for me. I will be in Canada and the USA in January and would be happy to bring the guitar along and ship it from within the country to avoid taxes and border crossings. I can also ship from Germany for EU buyers.

email: [email protected]

I'm asking $5200 for the guitar.

Additional photos can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Uk?usp=sharing

Here are the specs for the guitar that I received from Jean Goodall in 2020:

Goodall Guitars Traditional Honduran Rosewood OOO 12 fret slotted guitar, model/serial number: THROOO-12S 4041 completed on 2-21-2005

It's fine features include:

25” scale length, 12 fret slotted headstock guitar 1- 13/16" nut width

Special Reserve Honduran Rosewood back and sides

AAA Adirondack spruce top

Herringbone Rosette & Purflings / Chevron Marquetry Backstrip/ Black Pearl Logo/ Boxwood bridge pins & end pin/ Tor-tis pickguard

Mother of Pearl Notched Square Fretboard Inlays

Waverly Bronze Patina Tuners w/ Ivoroid Knobs

White Maple Body and Headstock Bindings

Ebony:Peghead Veneer, Bridge, Fretboard, Fretboard Binding / Bone nut & saddle/ Mahogany satin finish neck

2020 to build this new guitar suggested retail price= $10,900.00

Attachment 84364

Attachment 84365

Attachment 84366

Attachment 84367

Attachment 84368[/QUOTE]
Old 02-20-2023, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

yes, this is sold.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars