The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-02-2021, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Default College Football 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahitijack View Post
A couple of days ago I heard a story about a well known university that planned to replace its injured quarterback with a someone from their support staff. I wished I'd pay more attention but I was driving at the time. Can someone help me with the players name and the University. Thanks and Aloha.

South Carolina has replaced their QB with a graduate asst who most recently played back up QB for North Dakota. He has one year of eligibility left . He jumped from the coaching staff to being a player.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
South Carolina has replaced their QB with a graduate asst who most recently played back up QB for North Dakota. He has one year of eligibility left . He jumped from the coaching staff to being a player.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nd/5665075001/
Old 09-03-2021, 09:08 AM

MAHALO I'm going to follow Zeb and South Carolina this season. I like the story a lot hope they do great.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 09-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
MAHALO I'm going to follow Zeb and South Carolina this season. I like the story a lot hope they do great.

You are welcome.
I saw an interview with him and he seems like a nice, unassuming young man. I’d like to see him do well but given their competition it is statistically unlikely. But hey, that’s why they have to play the game! There is always a chance for the underdogs.
Hopefully SC has an offensive line and running game that can keep the pressure off of him. I hope for the SC faithful the starter is up and running for GA, FL, TxA&M and Clemson. It could be tough sledding.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
A couple of days ago I heard a story about a well known university that planned to replace its injured quarterback with a someone from their support staff. I wished I'd pay more attention but I was driving at the time. Can someone help me with the players name and the University. Thanks and Aloha.
#4 Ohio State won last night.

How about #5 Georgia vs #3 Clemson tomorrow? Wow, when was the last time two top 5 teams played each other in week 1? I think it's great.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

Default College Football 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
#4 Ohio State won last night.

How about #5 Georgia vs #3 Clemson tomorrow? Wow, when was the last time two top 5 teams played each other in week 1? I think it's great.

Yes, OSU won. Minnesota looked better than an unranked team should- I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a top 20 team by the end of the season. That’s assuming they all stay uninjured and get their star running back( Imbrahim ) healthy.

Ga vs Clemson: Im not sure a top 5 clash has occurred in the “modern” era. Considering the lack of parity in the college game at present it’s possible for either team to take a game one loss and still wind up in the playoffs, I suppose. But still a courageous scheduling move by both schools. I realize these schedules are made years in advance with no way to know for certain what the situation will be. But here we are!
Should be an entertaining game.

Last edited by TRose; 09-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Really? Thanks... I didn't even know that was on. Fantastic! Go Tigers! One of my old golf buddies is a Clemson alum... can't help but cheer for them!
Old 09-03-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
Yes, OSU won. Minnesota looked better than an unranked team should- I wouldn’t be surprised if they are a top 20 team by the end of the season. That’s assuming they all stay uninjured and get their star running back( Imbrahim ) healthy.

Ga vs Clemson: Im not sure a top 5 clash has occurred in the “modern” era. Considering the lack of parity in the college game at present it’s possible for either team to take a game one loss and still wind up in the playoffs, I suppose. But still a courageous scheduling move by both schools. I realize these schedules are made years in advance with no way to know for certain what the situation will be. But here we are!
Should be an entertaining game.
That's the one drawback about a #3 vs #5 game in week one - one team has a long season ahead of them. It's a much better game than the homecoming game where the home team outscores the opponent 50-7.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:55 AM

Wow, 10-3 Georgia over Clemson. 74 yard pick-6 was the difference in that game. Did anyone anticipate not just a low scoring game but very little offensive yards by either team?
Old 09-05-2021, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Kinda sad. I kept looking for some Clemson offense, but it was hard to find. Kudos to Georgia's D.

How 'bout Bryce Young of Alabama? Holy cow... he looks like he may be the best QB to play for Nick Saban.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Kinda sad. I kept looking for some Clemson offense, but it was hard to find. Kudos to Georgia's D.

How 'bout Bryce Young of Alabama? Holy cow... he looks like he may be the best QB to play for Nick Saban.
I read that Young set the team record for most TDs and yards in a QB's first game. Alabama is going to hold onto the #1 ranking.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Charter Member

Nebraska clobbered Fordham yesterday, as expected.

The most impressive stat of the game, however, was the 30 tackles by a Fordham linebacker. THIRTY!

It tied the record.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Alabama is going to hold onto the #1 ranking.
I think so too. Georgia may not be far behind, but not #1.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I read that Young set the team record for most TDs and yards in a QB's first game. Alabama is going to hold onto the #1 ranking.

Alabama did look dominant. The Alabama fan base has to be thrilled with the addition of a dependable kicker in Reinhard. He hit all the extra points after touchdowns ( not always automatic for Al) and drilled field goals of 38 and 51 yds. That’s a new thing for Alabama. Last year Alabama’s offensive squad was better than their defensive side. This year I don’t think that’s the case.
The Ohio State transfer Jameson Williams caught a pass for a 94 yd touchdown. The transfer portal will be a factor in all college athletics moving forward.

Other notables:

The South Carolina, graduate assistant QB had a great game. That was cool to see.

Oklahoma squeaks by Tulane in Oklahoma. Defense will likely be a liability going forward. If I were an OK fan I might be worried at this point given what we saw. Their ranking will predictably drop.

Clemson and GA were evenly matched and both appear to have much stronger defenses than offenses. The loss shouldn’t affect Clemson’s playoff hopes as they traditionally have run through conference competition. I think GA needed it.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:29 AM

South Carolina 1-0 yeah.

UCLA over LSU... WHAT?
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic