The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-02-2021, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Hey Glenn,

Just getting around to watching this. Great arrangement, I love the full band (drums, bass, do-wop Glenns),and the execution was flawless as always. I also enjoyed seeing you hit those high notes - well done!

Cheers,

Dave
Thank you Dave!

It's nice to hear from you! I'm so glad you enjoyed this! Thanks for taking the time!

I enjoy doing a multi-track recording with video, like this. It's a fun, challenging puzzle. But I have noticed that a lot of people here on the AGF don't like anything but guitar and maybe voice, if they think the singing is acceptably good.

I want to make videos that people are interested in watching, but I also want to have fun with this stuff. Making multi-track recordings for me is fun. I can enjoy just doing one voice and guitar, but it's not as much fun as making a multi-track recording.

I'll have to come to grips with all that somehow. Maybe I just won't post multi-track recording/video stuff here on the AGF. Who knows...

I hope all is well for you Dave!

- Glenn
Old 10-02-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Thank you Dave!

It's nice to hear from you! I'm so glad you enjoyed this! Thanks for taking the time!

I enjoy doing a multi-track recording with video, like this. It's a fun, challenging puzzle. But I have noticed that a lot of people here on the AGF don't like anything but guitar and maybe voice, if they think the singing is acceptably good.

I want to make videos that people are interested in watching, but I also want to have fun with this stuff. Making multi-track recordings for me is fun. I can enjoy just doing one voice and guitar, but it's not as much fun as making a multi-track recording.

I'll have to come to grips with all that somehow. Maybe I just won't post multi-track recording/video stuff here on the AGF. Who knows...

I hope all is well for you Dave!

- Glenn

Goodness, no. Please don’t stop posting your multitracks. If people don’t want to watch them, they won’t. But I know I get a kick out of watching yours (and doing my own).

I find AGF has a wide range of styles (classical, folk, rock, finger style, country, and the list goes on) and I think people are pretty open to whatever folks post and rather than judge they just select what interests them.

But knowing how active you are on AGF, I assume you knew that already! [emoji846]

Cheers

Dave
Old 10-02-2021, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbitterdave View Post
Goodness, no. Please don’t stop posting your multitracks. If people don’t want to watch them, they won’t. But I know I get a kick out of watching yours (and doing my own).

I find AGF has a wide range of styles (classical, folk, rock, finger style, country, and the list goes on) and I think people are pretty open to whatever folks post and rather than judge they just select what interests them.

But knowing how active you are on AGF, I assume you knew that already! [emoji846]

Cheers

Dave
Thanks for your thoughts Dave.

I have noticed that you like doing multi-track recordings, as well.

Be well!

- Glenn
Old 10-02-2021, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Well, I was late to the party, but it was still a good party to be late arrival.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 10-02-2021, 11:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress Knee View Post
Well, I was late to the party, but it was still a good party to be late arrival.
Thank you Jim! Much appreciated!

I appreciate your taking time to watch and then provide your thoughts and comments! I'm glad you felt this was worth your time!

I hope all is well for you!

- Glenn
Old 10-12-2021, 09:56 AM

Just excellent Glenn

Phil Taylor

'Rivers and Trees' - April 2021. https://philiptaylor1.bandcamp.com/a...vers-and-trees

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNx...0XtP04PcL8HN4Q
Old 10-12-2021, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPhil View Post
Just excellent Glenn
Thank you Phil!

I appreciate your watching this and taking time to comment! I'm glad you enjoyed this!

I hope you are doing well!

- Glenn
Old 10-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts Dave.

I have noticed that you like doing multi-track recordings, as well.

Be well!

- Glenn
I have to agree with Dave PLEASE do not stop submitting multi track..

Anyone who does not watch or appreciate a submission simply because it is not in their particular wheelhouse, is only doing themselves a disservice.

Where submissions of the quality of recording and performance like yours, be they from multi track to solo acoustic guitar are a great service to AGF plain and simple So in the immortal words of somebody :Keep on keepin' on

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 10-13-2021, 11:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I have to agree with Dave PLEASE do not stop submitting multi track..

Anyone who does not watch or appreciate a submission simply because it is not in their particular wheelhouse, is only doing themselves a disservice.

Where submissions of the quality of recording and performance like yours, be they from multi track to solo acoustic guitar are a great service to AGF plain and simple So in the immortal words of somebody :Keep on keepin' on
Thank you Kevin!

I appreciate your vote of confidence! Thank you for your encouragement!

I hope all is well for you and your wife, Kev! It's certainly a beautiful time of the year right now! The colors are just spectacular this year, at least out here in the Pac NW!

- Glenn
Old 10-14-2021, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thank you Kevin!

I appreciate your vote of confidence! Thank you for your encouragement!

I hope all is well for you and your wife, Kev! It's certainly a beautiful time of the year right now! The colors are just spectacular this year, at least out here in the Pac NW!

- Glenn
Things are good here although we have lost most of the aspen leaves so getting more into the winter look .
But now inquiring minds want to know when can expect to hear/see your multi-track video of "My Girl" (or has my memory failed me again ? )

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 10-14-2021, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Things are good here although we have lost most of the aspen leaves so getting more into the winter look .
But now inquiring minds want to know when can expect to hear/see your multi-track video of "My Girl" (or has my memory failed me again ? )
Hi Kev,

I don't remember that "My Girl" was on my list. I have a bunch of others.

Lately I have been working on a jazz piece, "When Sunny Gets Blue." I hope to have that up in a day or two.

Take care, Kev!

- Glenn
Old 10-14-2021, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

Glenn,
You continue to push the bar up.
Outstanding job, on ALL the parts. A real treat to listen to your version of this classic. (And it looks like you're having fun doing it!)
Great stuff.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 10-14-2021, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Glenn,
You continue to push the bar up.
Outstanding job, on ALL the parts. A real treat to listen to your version of this classic. (And it looks like you're having fun doing it!)
Great stuff.
Thank you Andre!

I really appreciate your kind words and that you thought this came out well! Thanks for taking time to listen and comment!

I hope you are doing well! Take care!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell