The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-05-2018, 12:55 PM

Default Who could build a custom live flight case like this?

Who could build a custom live flight case like this?

I’m looking to get a custom case built for my acoustic gig. I want a case that has an upper shelf that comes up to about waist height when sitting which will hold a mixer and a drum machine.

The case would have to have enough clearance above the fold down shelves to keep everything connected at all times. I would use right angle plug in and out of the board to keep everything as flush as possible.

Thinking I would definitely have to go custom. I would like to be able to take the top off, remove the front panel for access to the pedals, plug one extension cord into the wall, and run a mic cable to a speaker.

If the shelf came up higher, this case in the video would be close to perfect.

Ideally, the shelf would fold back like this, and (possibly) telescope up to just above knee level when sitting in a kitchen table style chair.

The removable front panel would allow access to the foot pedals on my board.

The pedals would be on the floor of the board with the shelf holding the mixer and the drum machine.

It might be a tall order, but I'd definitely pay for the ability to have a less than 5 minute setup where everything was always plugged in and ready to go.

Does anybody know of a case that would fit this description, or anybody that could build something like this? I think the problem I’m going to have our having a shelf come up high enough, As well as the lid having enough clearance to have the mixing board on the shelf at all times
Old 07-05-2018, 08:28 PM

I basically want this case with a shelf that raises higher than the one in the video above with a deeper lid that would accommodate a mixer

Last edited by The Kid!; 07-05-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:47 PM

I contacted Circle three designs, and he has been amazing as far as contact. We decided to do folding legs like on a card table and this may just be a very doable situation.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:04 AM

Sorry no one has replied to your post. Don’t think anyone knows who might be able to do this. As you move forward, please share your experience. We all are techno junkies and this sounds like a very cool project.

Not sure I understand the folding legs. I understand this can get you to the right height, but doesn’t that get you pedalboard off the floor as well? Or are the folding legs just for the shelf?
Old 07-07-2018, 08:03 AM

Call Anvil Case or Road Case USA. Anvil has made cases for .... ever.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:26 PM

I have three boxes—a small Mackie mixer, a Tonedexter and a TC Helicon Play Acoustic mounted onto a heavy duty music stand with 2 inch velcro tape. The top of the music stand comes off the stand and fits into a Pelican case as assembled.

Power supply cables are all bundled with zip ties and then surrounded by a zippered sleeve so only one thick cable goes up the music stand from a power strip, held on with velcro strips. This all makes setup very fast - set up the stand, take the assembly out of the Pelican and put it on the stand, connect the cables. The bundled power supply cables keep everything from getting tangled when packing and unpacking. The music stand can be set for standing height or sitting height.

These three boxes take care of voice processing and reverb, guitar reverb, boost, eq and de-quack, level monitoring close at hand and even a tuner and looper. I also use TC Helicon's remote pedal.

I have found the more things are pre-wired and setup the less time both for setup and wrapup.
1951 Rickenbacker Panda lap steel
2014 Gibson Roy Smeck Stage Deluxe Ltd, Custom Shop, K&K's
1957 Kay K-27 X-braced jumbo, K&K's
1967 Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins Nashville
2024 Mahogany Weissenborn, Jack Stepick

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter
Old 07-07-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfirob View Post
I have three boxes—a small Mackie mixer, a Tonedexter and a TC Helicon Play Acoustic mounted onto a heavy duty music stand with 2 inch velcro tape. The top of the music stand comes off the stand and fits into a Pelican case as assembled.

Power supply cables are all bundled with zip ties and then surrounded by a zippered sleeve so only one thick cable goes up the music stand from a power strip, held on with velcro strips. This all makes setup very fast - set up the stand, take the assembly out of the Pelican and put it on the stand, connect the cables. The bundled power supply cables keep everything from getting tangled when packing and unpacking. The music stand can be set for standing height or sitting height.

These three boxes take care of voice processing and reverb, guitar reverb, boost, eq and de-quack, level monitoring close at hand and even a tuner and looper. I also use TC Helicon's remote pedal.

I have found the more things are pre-wired and setup the less time both for setup and wrapup.
Got any pictures you can share? I would love to see this set-up.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:44 PM

OK, here are some shots in my practice room. I also have a little monitor up too. There is a compromise in the size of the case if you want all the cables plugged in. I went for a smaller case with the short cables unplugged from a couple of boxes because the XLRs can take up a lot of room if they are left in. It is pretty quick to plug in these short cables when you set it up and they are in the box.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter
Old 07-08-2018, 04:01 AM

Gfirob,
Unless it is something on my end, the pictures didn’t come through.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:50 PM

Sorry, but they are showing up on my page fine.

Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina
Tonedexter
Old 07-08-2018, 02:39 PM

Thanks , must be an iPad thing.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Sorry no one has replied to your post. Don’t think anyone knows who might be able to do this. As you move forward, please share your experience. We all are techno junkies and this sounds like a very cool project.

Not sure I understand the folding legs. I understand this can get you to the right height, but doesn’t that get you pedalboard off the floor as well? Or are the folding legs just for the shelf?
Folding legs would just be for the shelf. The shelf in that case would be a separate piece inside the main case. The shelf in the video was very cool and on some sort of mechanism, but it only raises up a few inches. I need two feet of hight from the floor to be able to reach everything that I want to reach.

So the floor of the case will be my foot pedals, and the shelf with the folding legs will be holding a mixer and a drum machine that I will be able to reach seated. I’m almost thinking about two pieces at this point. One slight case with the floorboard, and another flight case with the mixer and a drum machine.

Trying to get everything in one box might be extremely difficult with my need for the shelf to be as high as I need it, and might make things extremely heavy as well.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Call Anvil Case or Road Case USA. Anvil has made cases for .... ever.
I will definitely try that. I didn’t know that they made custom cases. Thank you so much. I will give them a call tomorrow!
Old 07-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfirob View Post
OK, here are some shots in my practice room. I also have a little monitor up too. There is a compromise in the size of the case if you want all the cables plugged in. I went for a smaller case with the short cables unplugged from a couple of boxes because the XLRs can take up a lot of room if they are left in. It is pretty quick to plug in these short cables when you set it up and they are in the box.

[IMG][/IMG]
These images aren't working for me. Can you email them to me please?
[email protected]

Thank you.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:16 AM

I was thinking that maybe I could incorporate folding legs or screw in legs into the top. That might work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification