The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-18-2019, 09:53 AM

Smile Vox phantom 12

Not sure if i posted this before
But I own a early phanton 12 and a the left side tuners are missing - ( looking at it from the front )
a prior owner put on a really crappy set on that side -not sure maybe becasue they used the tuners on another guitar or , they got it without the tuners -

Ive contacted
The vox company ( on two different ocasions )-this guitar was made in the first two years of its manufacture- in Italy
and the tuners are not available ( only used this spacing for the two years ) Honestly i bough this guitar about 40 years ago - been looking ever since -
so basically im giving up -
looking for individual tuners that will fit a tight spot -thinking thats the way to do it -the guitar isnt really an exspensive guitar used -so i dont think ill be hurting its resale value -basically it has little value not being complete -
considering buying a 12 string set -6 right 6 left and going that route - ( would desire to use the tuner holes as they are -thou can easily redrill screw holes and fill old )
any particular Quality brand that would be smaller -or fit a tight spot - ( anybody do anything like this before )
might as well do both sides to keep the guitar uniform-

I really want to play this beauty - very funky !

What do you think i should do -or what tuners ?

( Im also guessing the electronics might need some work -but will face that when i get their )

Last edited by Tony Burns; 08-18-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:01 AM

Try Rhoads Music or North Coast Music - they specialize in Vox esoterica...
Old 08-19-2019, 07:19 AM
AGF Sponsor

Tony,
Were they 6-on-a-plate?

The reason I ask is because a long time ago I got a set for a Guild 12 string, and the ones I got (I believe) were from an older Gibson. They were spaced too close together to fit the Guild.

What this might mean for your situation is unclear, of course, but there’s smaller spaced sets out there.

Howard
Old 08-19-2019, 09:13 AM

Pics of headstocks please?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars